GDT: 1/19/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

PetryTV

Jan 19, 2011
Edmonton
I have victor hedman on my fantasy team and didnt get a chance to see todays game but he did not register on my team stats page. It says he did not play. Just wondering if he is injured or scratched or my app is no good.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I have victor hedman on my fantasy team and didnt get a chance to see todays game but he did not register on my team stats page. It says he did not play. Just wondering if he is injured or scratched or my app is no good.

He played, looked solid too. No points, but he was good.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Liked what I saw.
Stamkoos looked fine to me, had bad luck on that shot that went to the outside of the net, and he should have shot in the 3rd instead of passing to marty, but its not the first time those two do that kind of things.
Conacher was great to me, same for Carle.

Salo was just as expected, so poised and calm, great pick-up

Lecavalier played one of the best games in years IMO

I liked a lot Lindback, there were a couple of bad rebounds though

LateNightOilerFan

Oct 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
Recorded the game and just watching it now, happy to hear the Bolts got off to a good start with a solid win over a division rival! All the best for the season folks! :handclap:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Few quick notes from me.

-Lindback has the potential, you can see it. But right now my god does he give up way too many rebounds and a lot of times they are in the worst spots possible. Cost him two goals last night. Maybe it was just jitters but it needs work or sure. He did make a few very nice saves though so overall solid IMO.

-Concacher played great. Back checked like crazy and of course his offense was good. He made great breakout passes to get out of the zone and I only remember seeing one bad decision by him all game and it was in the offensive zone. I think his speed makes Vinny work a little harder. Kind of like having Marty with him.

-Defense looks incredibly improved. I know it's only one game but aside from the PPs, the caps only has maybe 3 or 4 real scoring chances. They need to improve on communication and breaking out from behind the goal line a bit more but that will come obviously. I really like the mix we have right now. And Brewer wtf? Lol

- I like the passive aggressive scheme we ran most of the night last night. The pace will only get better too.

-Ovechkin is as per the norm, a *****. Can't believe that flop he had that he got called on and then had the audacity to come right back out and dive immediately again. Hedman and the D did a great job on him and he was pretty much invisible the entire night. I didn't worry about a goal every time he touched the puck last night.

-Great way to open but here's the test. You beat a "good" team pretty decisively. Now you have to go and beat a "bad" team. Follow it up with a win.

Oh and I love jumbotron. It's amazing although it doesn't seem to like the tesla coils too much.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Few quick notes from me.

-Lindback has the potential, you can see it. But right now my god does he give up way too many rebounds and a lot of times they are in the worst spots possible. Cost him two goals last night. Maybe it was just jitters but it needs work or sure. He did make a few very nice saves though so overall solid IMO.

-Concacher played great. Back checked like crazy and of course his offense was good. He made great breakout passes to get out of the zone and I only remember seeing one bad decision by him all game and it was in the offensive zone. I think his speed makes Vinny work a little harder. Kind of like having Marty with him.

-Defense looks incredibly improved. I know it's only one game but aside from the PPs, the caps only has maybe 3 or 4 real scoring chances. They need to improve on communication and breaking out from behind the goal line a bit more but that will come obviously. I really like the mix we have right now. And Brewer wtf? Lol

- I like the passive aggressive scheme we ran most of the night last night. The pace will only get better too.

-Ovechkin is as per the norm, a *****. Can't believe that flop he had that he got called on and then had the audacity to come right back out and dive immediately again. Hedman and the D did a great job on him and he was pretty much invisible the entire night. I didn't worry about a goal every time he touched the puck last night.

-Great way to open but here's the test. You beat a "good" team pretty decisively. Now you have to go and beat a "bad" team. Follow it up with a win.

Oh and I love jumbotron. It's amazing although it doesn't seem to like the tesla coils too much.
Explain! :laugh:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Nothing this season. When he gets back to 100% he should stay in Syracuse. If a spot ever becomes available due to injury or whatever, I can't see him being the callup.

Though I largely agree with this, I could also see JT come up halfway through the year and us move to a 12/6 line-up, with Bergeron getting scratched. He'd bring some much needed grit and scoring ability to our third line (Pyatt and Pouliot) and wouldn't look out of place in the speed department either. He'd be invaluable to us in the playoffs, especially against teams like Boston, Philadelphia and maybe the Rangers.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Not enough praise to our role guys Hall and Thompson. They did a fantastic job on the PK and Hall won several defensive zone face-offs as usual (though I guess it goes unmentioned since this is status-quo and not as surprising). Vinny winning 18/24 face-offs is crucial since we were very poor in this aspect of the game last year. It's one area of Stamkos' game that I'd seriously like him to improve on.

Also, Crombeen added a nice physical presence up front and gelled very well with Hall and Thompson.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Oh, and didn't mention this earlier but... We've got a tough team, for once. Every time on the ice there's someone that plays with grit. I love it.

Hedman's stickwork on D was amazing, by the way. If Salo stays healthy, this is a top-notch shutdown D pairing.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Oh, and didn't mention this earlier but... We've got a tough team, for once. Every time on the ice there's someone that plays with grit. I love it.

Hedman's stickwork on D was amazing, by the way. If Salo stays healthy, this is a top-notch shutdown D pairing.

Hearing that Hedman is now 233 pounds was incredible! He's more of a beast now than ever. I know the physical aspect isn't a huge part of his game, but he was effectively closing people down and using his size to squeeze them out. Salo and Hedman should be a very reliable pair that can really free up Marty and Stammer to focus on the offensive zone more.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Vinny was downright fantastic tonight. I was also impressed with Aulie. Plenty of other guys played well too, but I thought the latter exceeded expectations as much as anyone albeit in a short amount of time.

I'm thinking Bergeron gets phased out of the lineup eventually. No need for him on this team.

Agreed, Bergeron was blatantly the weak link on our D last night. He shouldn't be getting more time than Aulie and should be scratched in favor or Mikkelson tomorrow.

The lines of Hedman with Salo and Brewer with Carle just looked great last night. If they can all stay healthy I really like our chances going forward.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Whole D played pretty good. Kept them on the outside, good pressure every time Caps entered the zone.

Stammer was maybe little rusty but still had 2 assists. Surely he opens up. St. Louis was awesome as was St. Louis jr. So happy that he got it going so early.

Lockout surely helped Vinny. Dear god if he can maintain this play, looked like 06-08 Vinny.

I liked Lindbäck too, covers down low well, and athletic for his size. Needs to work on rebounds, though.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
They were unrelated, actually. Should be fixed before next home game though.

Oh ok. I figured they hadn't worked out all the kinks for actual hockey games yet. Same with the PA system. It's very distorted at times.

It's weird how it really only happened with the teslas going off that i noticed haha. Either way wasnt a big deal to me but if it's going to be fixed that's even better.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011

Maybe people are being a little too cautious since our history with goalies is terrible, but I thought he was fine. If we get that all season, I'm ok with it. I thought on the first goal, Hedman should have cleared the puck since he had about 3 chances to do so before Ward got there. And the 3rd goal was just a huge failure on everyone's part. No one picked up the trailing guy. Those things can be fixed so I'm not worried.

Also, Crombeen added a nice physical presence up front and gelled very well with Hall and Thompson.

Who?? No one named Thompson was introduced before the game last night. :sarcasm:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Before being too critical, remember that it was his first game action in over a month after taking that dinger off the knee. Its safe to assume 39 would be a little shaky.

Don't know about the PA system, only know some dudes who work in the video department. Hope they can clear that up.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Just two observations that stood out
1. Lindback is so BIG, he'll accidentally stop 90% of shots
2. Impressed with the offensive talent up and down the line up. We are way deeper than we are being given credit for, and plenty in Syracuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad