GDT: 1/14/21 Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings - 9 PM CT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Well poor Fiala had 7 shots on goal, just not his lucky night.

Stats also say Kaprizov only had 2 shots incl the ot goal..huh? Weird.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Obviously incredibly happy for Kirill. His face when he scored was like a kid on Christmas morning. Just excellent to see, and so fun watching his recognition that Dumba was going to jump on him and he jumped too. Those young guys really smothered him after that goal and you can see the room is really pulling for him.

Fiala had a good night and it would be fun to see Fiala and Kirill have a little friendly competition of who can be better.

Surprise of the night? Greenway. He looked more focused out there. Solid. If he plays like that he will stick to any 2-3rd line in the NHL.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Kings fans would have been happier if Kaprizov didn't try to stop and just went full steam into Quick in OT there

Reactions: Minnesnota

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Well, I think we just saw our season highlight.

The bad:

Defense was poor. Looked disorganized.

Johansson. Maybe try to get to the puck next game?

Centers, but we knew that coming in. Expected more fire from Bonino, disappointing.

Talbot. I can’t remember ever seeing a goalie give up so many huge rebounds.

The good:

Fiala and Kaprizov: dynamic players

Dumba dropping bombs again

Parise. I know you guys hate him, but his forechecking and net-front presence were very noticeable this game.

GEEF. Great third line. If Greenway plays the way he played tonight, every night, they’re going to be one miserable unit to play against.

Reactions: 57special

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Well, I think we just saw our season highlight.

The bad:

Defense was poor. Looked disorganized.

Johansson. Maybe try to get to the puck next game?

Centers, but we knew that coming in. Expected more fire from Bonino, disappointing.

Talbot. I can’t remember ever seeing a goalie give up so many huge rebounds.

The good:

Fiala and Kaprizov: dynamic players

Dumba dropping bombs again

Parise. I know you guys hate him, but his forechecking and net-front presence were very noticeable this game.

GEEF. Great third line. If Greenway plays the way he played tonight, every night, they’re going to be one miserable unit to play against.
I don't know how anybody could hate Parise. Maybe his contract. He's 100% effort, 100% of the time he's on the ice. He annoys opponents. Injury prone? Yeah. But no way you can hate his game or him.

Reactions: zellmatic

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
[MOD]
Great to see that Kap was doing great. Why does NHL allow slush for ice, by the way? It's so unprofessional. It takes a week to develop proper surface. You need dedicated buildings for ice hockey.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Great game by Kaprizov. First full game watching the kid. Man is he strong on his skates and hard to knock off the puck.
Strong 3rd period all around. Gonna need to be better on faceoffs, especially on the PP.
Is Rask going to be 1st line center? He did have a strong game.
Greenway looks very good, hope he keeps it up.

Reactions: Blue Ox and Lapa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad