a9xPv9y.png

IJ9xQvY.png

BczHoUW.png

n9ZQoCX.png

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Taking on my hometown team. Stick to the game plan and avoid having my friends and family gloat.

Game Plan:

Just finish them off quickly. Don’t even give them a chance to fight.

6_D7_V.gif

Reactions: Master P

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vlad should be stapled to the wing, he can take faceoffs but his games is just better from the wing. Gourde has shown more the past 15 games at C then Vlad has ever.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vlad should be stapled to the wing, he can take faceoffs but his games is just better from the wing. Gourde has shown more the past 15 games at C then Vlad has ever.
Eh - third line has looked fine since it got put together. Swapping assignments between the two is a simple fix. Vlad does have some size, which is helpful in the Dzone.

Reactions: MattM92

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Eh - third line has looked fine since it got put together. Swapping assignments between the two is a simple fix. Vlad does have some size, which is helpful in the Dzone.

Hasn't this line only played together 1 game..?

He barely has a size advantage over Gourde who's much stronger, I think Gourde's awareness and grit just makes him a better player up the middle but yeah it's an easy swap if they don't like it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hasn't this line only played together 1 game..?

He barely has a size advantage over Gourde who's much stronger, I think Gourde's awareness and grit just makes him a better player up the middle but yeah it's an easy swap if they don't like it.
Two games I think. Detroit and the last one.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Just hope there are no reviews of 'did the puck cross the line' ,else they will ***** for 12+ years
My favorite part about the outrage over that play is that everyone forgets that the puck was kicked, so even if it had fully crossed the line then it would have still been no goal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Let's go for a win before bye week shall we.

Seem as if we'll see the same lineup as last game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I have zero sympathy for the no goal. Flames fans are absolutely pissed that their potential Cup winning goal didn't come in controversial fashion in the same vein as Brett Hull. In the overhead view you cannot clearly see a puck across the goal line and into the white of the ice. And it's not like the no goal cost them the Cup. The game simply remained tied. Then they had something like 7 minutes left of the 3rd period to win. Then there was an entire overtime... and then another overtime (which we won in 33 seconds) and THEN a game 7. Give me a f***ing break that the refs cost you a Cup when you had nearly 4 1/2 periods to make up for a tie game. I feel terrible for how things went down but the right decision was made. If the situation was reversed I could not bring myself to rationalize that way. If you can't win game 7 you don't deserve to win.

Was it in? Hell it might've actually been. But if you can't prove it definitively in both views then it's inconclusive. DO NOT award a Cup winning goal that's not fully conclusive.

Last edited:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I have zero sympathy for the no goal. Flames fans are absolutely pissed that their potential Cup winning goal didn't come in controversial fashion in the same vein as Brett Hull. In the overhead view you cannot clearly see a puck across the goal line and into the white of the ice. And it's not like the no goal cost them the Cup. The game simply remained tied. Then they had something like 7 minutes left of the 3rd period to win. Then there was an entire overtime... and then another overtime (which we won in 33 seconds) and THEN a game 7. Give me a ****ing break that the refs cost you a Cup when you had nearly 4 1/2 periods to make up for a tie game.

Was it in? Hell it might've actually been. But if you can't prove it definitively in both views then it's inconclusive. DO NOT award a Cup winning goal that's not fully conclusive.
Plus, the refs called it correctly. If it's not conclusive, you can't overturn it.

Well... Unless it's an offside review to call back a Lightning goal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Plus, the refs called it correctly. If it's not conclusive, you can't overturn it.

Well... Unless it's an offside review to call back a Lightning goal.

Well it wasn't ruled a goal on the ice anyway and few thought a goal was scored. I don't think even Gelinas realized just how close the play really was. The officials went back for further review and it wasn't until then that controversy started. Like I said it might've actually been in because Lady Sunny once spent two days still framing the sequence on the overhead view and adjusted colors and contrasts. She finally got it and showed me and said, "It's in, see?" and it looked to be barely over the line but even the puck still had the funny angle going on. In hindsight I think there's a good chance the refs got the call wrong but the consequence was that game was still tied. Lady Sunny stayed up til 3 AM working on it and was not gonna stop until she found that damn puck. But the NHL doesn't have that kind of time to spare. It's simply too hard to rule that a goal when it's a potential Cup winning goal. It's a tough break for Flames fans but the game was not truly lost for Calgary until Marty St. Louis later scored in almost half an hour of game time. And the Cup was not lost until the 2nd period of game 7.

I'm not one to throw up my hands and say "shit happens" but I'd be a lot more sympathetic if almost 4 1/2 more periods weren't played after the fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad