GDT: #1 - 10/3/13 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Can we just trade Brad Richards and Rick Nash for Duchene and Mackinnon?

I do like Miller a lot... hope he stays for good this year.

I would love to have some young generational talent, but we all know our situation. It's been this way since the dark ages. Team can't even tank right.

Let's just hope things click for these guys and we do great things. I'm not one for predictions, but prophetically speaking tonight will show us a lot. I have the feeling they will be quite a bit more refined from the preseason games having practiced with the actual team the last 5 days and having more time to learn it all. Also expect the compete level to be up, hopefully that's what we get.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
lets go boys!!!

tumblr_mmrottS2091sna8pso1_500.gif

tumblr_mgqltwk0o71r6x4g9o1_500.gif

first of 82. lets start off hot :yo:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'd be fine getting a 1st overall if that's what happened, it just never will. I don't advocate tanking, and could handle the adversity. However, to those of you yearning for a legit superstar talent have you forgotten Lundqvist?

A lot of teams get a forward or D-man with 1st overall. We got a goalie much later, it equals itself out IMO.

Yup, we somehow got the best player in the 2000 draft with the 205th pick. Let's make the most of it!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
BTW -- Holy F'ing ****.

Jesper Fast makes the team out of his first pro-camp and plays on the 3rd line on opening night. A pretty big deal to be perfectly honest.

We have talked about this kid being a legit prospect for a long time. For him to get a chance instantly is pretty huge.

I'm praying he plays pyatt out of his spot

16 To Stanley*

hahahahaha

BB vs. REAL Life...... they are different things. I know you millenials find this one tough to comprehend.

People's frustrations of the Rangers vented through a BB aren't exactly a fair representation of their ACTUAL personality.

I actually like like how I'm perceived, here. haha

I think it's general common sense that if someone is constantly getting worked up on a message forum, that they may have some instability when it comes to dealing with.....more important items in their lives.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think it's general common sense that if someone is constantly getting worked up on a message forum, that they may have some instability when it comes to dealing with.....more important items in their lives.

Guys I know I kind of fed the flames but let's move on here. No reason to accuse people of anything outside of this forum (or really inside either).

Thanks

ret513

Oct 22, 2008
Let's iron out the kinks early.. But a win tonight is more important at end of season.. LGR!!!

member 116805

Im starting of the season GREAT with no internet service... The joy of a new house just ended

That aside, LGR!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's disturbing how long of a list I can make of the people here I would never want to meet because of how depressing and not fun they are :laugh:

Ditto. Its the start of the season. I mean FFS they haven't played a game yet. We have the ability to start the season off right. If things don't go that way... well that's a different story.

Last edited:

KreiMeARiver*

...or is just just infinitely funnier/more interesting.

and wait, tell me what the point of a message forum is, again? Should I try to pretend to live my dream of being a sports journalist/analyst?

This board is for....whatever anyone wants it to be.

To me, the "calm" people with the long-winded posts are probably insanely boring in real-life.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
A couple thoughts ahead of tonight's game...

1. Mike Smith was a huge factor against us in the Tortorella dump and chase regime. Of NYR can do an effective job carrying the puck over the blue line, his puckhandling won't be nearly as big.

2. The Coyotes have a very offensive minded blueline without a ton of muscle. That isn't to suggest they are bad defensively, but guys like Nash, Pouliot and Boyle should be leaning on them, trying to drive to the net.

3. We're an out-and-out better roster than the Coyotes, but they have some difference makers on their roster. Vrbata is tricky, and a season removed from 35 goals. We all know what Ribeiro can do.

It's not a great team or a very angry visiting environment that we're playing.

*Bob Richards*

Waited a long time for this. So stoked.

Let's go Rangers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad