GDT: #1 - 10/3/13 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

Right...

So Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan, Hagelin. All B-level talent?

slide of hand much?

I'm talking about an elite-level goal scorer. It's just how we build. Buy your overpriced has-beens, and fill it in with mediocrity.

you know the drill.

now we're softer than ever.... and still can't score. soooooooooooo

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
slide of hand much?

I'm talking about an elite-level goal scorer. It's just how we build. Buy your overpriced has-beens, and fill it in with mediocrity.

you know the drill.

now we're softer than ever.... and still can't score. soooooooooooo

I'm not disputing the fact that we have no elite level goal scorers (certainly not the wunderkid, can't miss types), but your statement shows an awfully strong anti-European bias (which is not to say you're xenophobic - just that you discount guys who aren't easily followed in NCAA and CHL games). At this point Fast and Lindberg are at LEAST equivalent prospects to Miller and Kreider.

16 To Stanley*

Sorry man EVERYONE on that list with the exception of Miller and Kreider is mediocre at BEST. Miller should be a nice player, and Kreider......as much as I love him.....might be a total bust.

But it's opening day, and I'm excited for a new season.... I guess.

I just feel like this team has turned me into Mickey Rourke from The Fighter. "I'm an old, broken down piece of meat".

If we look good out of the gate, I'll change my tune.

Can we save this until they're at least losing.

This team isn't old and they're not broken down. You're speaking like these are the geezer teams of the late 90's and early 00's.

Regardless, it's one of my favorite days of the year. Save the negativity for when it's warranted.

KreiMeARiver*

I'm not disputing the fact that we have no elite level goal scorers (certainly not the wunderkid, can't miss types), but your statement shows an awfully strong anti-European bias (which is not to say you're xenophobic - just that you discount guys who aren't easily followed in NCAA and CHL games). At this point Fast and Lindberg are at LEAST equivalent prospects to Miller and Kreider.

hahaha dude this is laughable. DISSENT=XENOPHOBIA. Sounds like a political forum, now.

Can we save this until they're at least losing.

This team isn't old and they're not broken down. You're speaking like these are the geezer teams of the late 90's and early 00's.

Regardless, it's one of my favorite days of the year. Save the negativity for when it's warranted.

haha fair...

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
hahaha dude this is laughable. DISSENT=XENOPHOBIA. Sounds like a political forum, now.

haha fair...

For ****'s sake, did you even read my post? There were all of two sentences in it - including a parenthetical which specifically said "which is not to say you're xenophobic".

That eager to get feisty?

And as to whether or not you do discount them, I'm sorry - unless you're prepared to say that you've watched 20+ games in their entirety of both Fast and Lindberg, then it's pretty clear you are discounting them. Based on their resumes, the SEL playoff MVP and a kid who made the team out of camp (on a higher line than the one of the two guys you mention who also made it), who were 8th and 18th respectively in scoring in the SEL (and Fast would've been higher but for the injury) last year, and who dominated the TC tourney are pretty clearly legit prospects equivalent to Miller and Kreider.

(Personally, I put Kristo fifth behind those four.)

HockeyBurd*

I asked my 8 month year old boy if the Rangers will win tonight..

He answered by clapping like there's no tomorrow..

How do we read that?

Was it a slow sarcastic clap like The Sarcastic Clapping Family of Southhampton?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm a Bills fan. Need I say more? ;)

I'd rather have one horrific year and a steady progression with REAL talent than our garbage way of building a team.

We've taken steps back from a few years ago, and there isn't any real talent in the pipes. Same 'ol same 'ol.

Geez, dude we had exactly one season since a few years ago and have improved our depth since last year, and haven't even played one game this year. How do you know we've taken steps back? This is ridiculous. People romanticize that 11-12 team, they had an easy draw to the cup and still couldn't do it (the Kings were good, but still an 8th seed), they made it to the ECF over 2 mediocre teams by the skin of their teeth. They had relatively little talent.

Zappy

Apr 23, 2013
island in the sun
After a summer of living in the Lounge, I can come back to the good ol Rangers board. Where the negativity flows like wine!

We'll see a win tonight - no worries fine people.

KreiMeARiver*

Because looking good out of the gate means anything at all.

Not a thing...but I'll at least be less pessimistic.

I feel about the Rangers as I do our govt; ZERO confidence that they'll ever get it right.

That said, I am looking forward to the season.

LGR.

KreiMeARiver*

It's disturbing how long of a list I can make of the people here I would never want to meet because of how depressing and not fun they are :laugh:

hahahahaha

BB vs. REAL Life...... they are different things. I know you millenials find this one tough to comprehend.

People's frustrations of the Rangers vented through a BB aren't exactly a fair representation of their ACTUAL personality.

I actually like like how I'm perceived, here. haha

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
4 AM games are nasty (for my sleep).. but i am going to have to watch this one :)

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'd be fine getting a 1st overall if that's what happened, it just never will. I don't advocate tanking, and could handle the adversity. However, to those of you yearning for a legit superstar talent have you forgotten Lundqvist?

A lot of teams get a forward or D-man with 1st overall. We got a goalie much later, it equals itself out IMO.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's disturbing how long of a list I can make of the people here I would never want to meet because of how depressing and not fun they are :laugh:

Even better is the ignore list. Magically turns HF into better, more informative place.

KreiMeARiver*

I'd be fine getting a 1st overall if that's what happened, it just never will. I don't advocate tanking, and could handle the adversity. However, to those of you yearning for a legit superstar talent have you forgotten Lundqvist?

A lot of teams get a forward or D-man with 1st overall. We got a goalie much later, it equals itself out IMO.

Can we just trade Brad Richards and Rick Nash for Duchene and Mackinnon?

I do like Miller a lot... hope he stays for good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad