GDT: #1 - 10/3/13 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

keLtic9

Feb 18, 2009
Not going to be surprised if Stepan starts out slow.

We need our top line to live up to the talent.

In the words of Adam Sandler...
"Let's do it Rangers!"

KreiMeARiver*

Just once I wish I felt what Colorado fans did last night with Mackinnon.

I'm supposed to be excited for Jesper Fast? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kparms

Oct 2, 2013
New Jersey
Bills v Browns and Rangers opener, should be a solid Thursday night :)

Without Callahan and Haglin it is going to be a challenge, somebody will step up!

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Just once I wish I felt what Colorado fans did last night with Mackinnon.

I'm supposed to be excited for Jesper Fast? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah cause Stepan didn't have a hat trick in his first NHL game or anything...

I like the idea of the analysis thread. Believe it or not, I rely on you crazy *******s for the best game analysis.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
These lines ******* comical; Christ AV, did you pick names out of a hat?

I'm not that upset with them although I do have a suspicion that the first line will struggle a bit. I would've preferred Zuccarello as the Hagelin replacement rather than Richards.

I'm more upset about the chosen defensive pairings. Even Torts figured out last season that McD-Girardi and Staal-Del Zotto didn't really work, does AV have to go through the same process before he figures it out as well?

PMantis24

LGR!
Nov 17, 2010
NYC
Finally! I'll try to forget the preseason even happened, even if it was mainly just a tryout for the kids.

I'd put Miller on the 3rd line...

LGR!!!

KreiMeARiver*

Would you also like to share the feeling of how they got Mackinnon?

I'm a Bills fan. Need I say more? ;)

I'd rather have one horrific year and a steady progression with REAL talent than our garbage way of building a team.

We've taken steps back from a few years ago, and there isn't any real talent in the pipes. Same 'ol same 'ol.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm a Bills fan. Need I say more? ;)

I'd rather have one horrific year and a steady progression with REAL talent than our garbage way of building a team.

We've taken steps back from a few years ago, and there isn't any real talent in the pipes. Same 'ol same 'ol.

Wha?

Lindberg
Fast
Miller
Kreider
McIlrath
Allen
Yogan
Kristo

No talent?

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I'm not that upset with them although I do have a suspicion that the first line will struggle a bit. I would've preferred Zuccarello as the Hagelin replacement rather than Richards.

I'm more upset about the chosen defensive pairings. Even Torts figured out last season that McD-Girardi and Staal-Del Zotto didn't really work, does AV have to go through the same process before he figures it out as well?

While I agree Staal-Del Z had their ups and downs when together, McD-Girardi is arguably the best shutdown pairing in the game (and has been for 2 years now)...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
BTW -- Holy F'ing ****.

Jesper Fast makes the team out of his first pro-camp and plays on the 3rd line on opening night. A pretty big deal to be perfectly honest.

We have talked about this kid being a legit prospect for a long time. For him to get a chance instantly is pretty huge.

KreiMeARiver*

Wha?

Lindberg
Fast
Miller
Kreider
McIlrath
Allen
Yogan
Kristo

No talent?

Sorry man EVERYONE on that list with the exception of Miller and Kreider is mediocre at BEST. Miller should be a nice player, and Kreider......as much as I love him.....might be a total bust.

But it's opening day, and I'm excited for a new season.... I guess.

I just feel like this team has turned me into Mickey Rourke from The Fighter. "I'm an old, broken down piece of meat".

If we look good out of the gate, I'll change my tune.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry man EVERYONE on that list with the exception of Miller and Kreider is mediocre at BEST. Miller should be a nice player, and Kreider......as much as I love him.....might be a total bust.

I'm talking about real talent... not the half-ass B rate crap we always get sold.

Snake Oil talent....

Right...

So Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan, Hagelin. All B-level talent?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I asked my 8 month year old boy if the Rangers will win tonight..

He answered by clapping like there's no tomorrow..

How do we read that?

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
BTW -- Holy F'ing ****.

Jesper Fast makes the team out of his first pro-camp and plays on the 3rd line on opening night. A pretty big deal to be perfectly honest.

We have talked about this kid being a legit prospect for a long time. For him to get a chance instantly is pretty huge.

Most have a sneaking suspicion that he simply is a Callahan replacement and that he'll be sent down as soon as Cally is ready for duty.

But hopefully he'll impress and grab on to his spot for dear life. Not sure what he will be able to get going offensively with Pyatt and Boyle on his line though. I would've preferred to have him and Miller on the same lie to ensure we only have one line that is unable to score, not two.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't know if this is the case, but I somehow imagine that Jesper Fast is a pretty mean rapper. What do you guys think? He just looks lik a dude who can throw some beats around. The way he carry's himself. I am just speculating.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

How do we read that?

I'm gonna take an SMS-loan for the maximum amount and bet it all on the Rangers, that's how I'm going to read that!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

How do we read that?

-31- would have told you "ADHD", but I think it means we will win for sure! ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Morse code?

Don't go there.

I tried this once with my kid, he was clapping around and I took notes and translated it into text in accordance with the morse code. I got this complete weirdo pervers message. I am not doing that ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad