GDT: 1/10/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The secret that he will permanently be our top 4 come playoff time won’t be revealed for a while. Until then, I think we roll with the current rotation. I agree, though, he is too good not to be in the lineup every game. But we have first world problems.

I'd just rather rotate him a little less than Girardi. I'm fine with keeping everybody fresh, but some guys need reps as much as other guys need nights off.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Canes got an offside call and several penalties in their favor thanks to uncalled embellishment but the refs ****ed them supposedly, lol.
They said Cernak dove on the Svech penalty, which is hilarious since without the penalty he has a great scoring chance. I know players often dive instead of trying to score goals.

They're funny over there, but not especially smart.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Washington and Toronto tied with 58 points in 43 games. Nashville is also in that tie, and Calgary is actually in 2nd with 60 pts, but those teams have played 46 and 45 games respectively.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Want this team to get back to completely dominating other teams. Gotta do something with that 2nd line also.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I'd just rather rotate him a little less than Girardi. I'm fine with keeping everybody fresh, but some guys need reps as much as other guys need nights off.
I get it, and completely agree. I would be ecstatic if they take this course sooner than later. But I don’t see us deviating from the current set up. Keeping guys “fresh” is merely a scheme to not rock the boat right now.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Want this team to get back to completely dominating other teams. Gotta do something with that 2nd line also.
We're going to dominate games less and less as the season goes on. No team keeps this pace up for 82 games.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Satisfying end to a stinker.

Had a good laugh at how ridiculously confident Cernak is in the offensive third now. Looks like a completely different player with the puck on his stick.

Not much else to say about the game. I thought Point analyzed it well in his post game interview. We kept sitting back making cute plays while the Canes attacked, when we switched it up and did some dump and chase we had a nice momentum swing.

Oh and our PP

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

With a big enough point cushion I hope they expand the rotation to the entire D.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
We're going to dominate games less and less as the season goes on. No team keeps this pace up for 82 games.
No not keep that pace you’re right, but we can look the way we did in December come March. Or better yet May.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
First **** that Goal being overturned. Secondly is point doesn't make the ASG it is truly a travesty

It'll be Reilly, and Reilly really does deserve it. Point deserves a spot for sure, but I don't see how he's gonna get that last one with all of Toronto voting 9 times per day.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They said Cernak dove on the Svech penalty, which is hilarious since without the penalty he has a great scoring chance. I know players often dive instead of trying to score goals.

They're funny over there, but not especially smart.
What? Are you saying that a 21 year old rookie looking for his first NHL goal would not rather dive than shoot from a great scoring opportunity? You're nuts.

Reactions: Hoek

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Pretty sure I got my face ripped off when I said Cernak is staying with the team....

giphy.gif

I don’t know if this will come true, but I briefly spoke to Ken Daniels who said the lightning brass is planning on keeping Cernak in the line up when everyone is healthy.

Who comes out? Coburn?

Most people gave legit answers to this from moving Koekkoek to Girardi, But it was also pointed out that without a move or injuries Cernak would have to go down as he was the only one waiver exempt. Thanks to some loop hole manipulation by JBB this has not become an issue.

Around the hockey world all the word is that Cernak is staying up long term and that the bolts love him.

How is this so hard to understand?

Other than a small back and forth with @Sky04 who asked you to give a source other than "Around the hockey world" there was no one disagreeing with you.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This game felt like one of those games we werent going to show up for and eventually lose. Then Points play (or non goal) woke everybody up. We started the 3rd slow again but really came on in the last 10 mins. Its clear when this team wants to play and when they dont. When off they look like they are skating in sand. When on they look faster than any team.

Reactions: JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty sure I got my face ripped off when I said Cernak is staying with the team....

?? I think you're using the "face ripped off" metaphor pretty loosely. Most people wanted Cernak to stay, including me. My position was one that made no logical sense: "I think we'll keep him up, but I don't know how." Well, the how turned out to be a conditioning stint for Koekkoek.

But I mean, I remember people believing he would be sent down because there seemed no way to keep him up. I don't remember anybody's face getting ripped off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->