GDT: 1/1/14 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I love Johnson, but his faceoff #s are getting disturbing.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I love Johnson, but his faceoff #s are getting disturbing.

He's a 5'9 rookie, and he's been going against top 6 centers night-in, night-out since Stamkos has been out. I'll take the impressive play with less than stellar faceoff #s for the time being.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Didn't catch the game but just saw the replay of the Kucherov goal. :amazed: Wow did the kid ever unload! And that accuracy considering it was a slapshot and pretty tight to the net.

I hope it got coach's attention. All of 12:38 minutes on the ice tonight and barely any time on the pp. C'mon!!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
10 point playoff cushion with a game at hand.

This month's schedule isn't all that bad either, but there are a lot of important games in there against teams we'll need to keep below us. Ottawa, Toronto, NYR.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Your coach is an incredible interview, what a down to earth guy. Sounds like a person who is just a hockey fan

eli4spetterss0n

Jul 9, 2013
White Rock, BC
Big fan of both teams and finally got to see Tampa play live! Really really impressed with some of Tampa's players. Of course I read a lot about them and hear great things, but seeing them live left me pretty surprised. Man, can Victor Hedman play. He's got great speed, especially for a player his size, and has all the right tools. I knew Gudas threw his body around quite a bit, but wow does he enjoy going for hits. Then of course there's Marty St. Louis. Really can't believe this guy is 38. Really enjoyable game!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Very happy. 2014 people. I believe? Just saying flat out the team I saw today IMPRESSES me. The team I saw play today without stamkos going against the second best tandem or dual in the nhl for the last 5-6 years and actually looking primarily like the better team for the entire night IMPRESSES me.

Sure we make mistakes but the kids are starting to seem to believe? Maybe was getting brewer and malone back? We seemed very mature today and sure of selves. Something I seriously have questioned for awhile. Have missed last two weeks of games but to see us come out play a very legit good team at their house like this?

Impressed!!

Good job guys and as always thank you hockey god's and management and owner etc.. for the BISH

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just watched the compressed game. Looks like Bish and Lack both played really well at the outset and kept it from being a shootout. Hedman looked really good, too, and I saw some of Malone making some noise down in the O-zone, which is nice.

Also - UNDEFEATED THIS WHOLE YEAR!!!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just watched the condensed game. Seems like this was a fun game. Great to see Kucherov score again and our 1st and 2nd lines doing well - especially with a bit snake-bitten players like Purcell and Killorn having a real solid game.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
2nd Intermission

Bc8tWOuCQAEiHZi.jpg

Torts Also said he thought it was the worst game the Canucks had played all year.

Oh Torts you so funny.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Panik had a couple good shifts but didn't do anything noteworthy.

Malone I noticed. He looked to have legs last night and was forechecking pretty hard when he took a stick just above his right eye. I'm not sure if he came back after that but he posted a pic on twitter of his newly stitched up wound.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Damn. Good stuff... I was only able to watch it from a distance.

It's hard not to be impressed with the bolts right now. Definitely gunning for that 1st seed right now. Need to continue to get points on the road.

Who was the most impressive player of the game? From the bits I saw Palat looks like he is really starting to pick up his play.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Damn. Good stuff... I was only able to watch it from a distance.

It's hard not to be impressed with the bolts right now. Definitely gunning for that 1st seed right now. Need to continue to get points on the road.

Who was the most impressive player of the game? From the bits I saw Palat looks like he is really starting to pick up his play.

For me easily T. Johnson. Kid was all over the ice last night. Should have had at least a 3 point night if not for Lack. Palat looked dangerous too. Hedman continued to impress as well. And Bishop Bishoped.

Caustic

Feb 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Your team was one step ahead of mine all game long. If it wasn't for the steady play of our backup goalie, it could have been much worse.

Congrats to you guys; you have a good team. Managing to play at this level without Stamkos says a lot and with him back I see TB being a real threat in the East.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
For me easily T. Johnson. Kid was all over the ice last night. Should have had at least a 3 point night if not for Lack. Palat looked dangerous too. Hedman continued to impress as well. And Bishop Bishoped.

For me it seemed that Palat and Johnson really stepped up with the added ice time and roles. Like the reveled in being asked to being top liners, Panik just couldn't keep up with those two. Palat and Johnson are going to give us a real good problem to have in the future.

"3rd liners? ***** were your franchise players!" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad