GDT: #1 • "Wild Western Series: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" • Canucks @ Oilers • Jan 13 • 8 PM • SN

Will the Oilers make the playoffs this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'm excited to see what Kahun, Turris and Barrie can bring. All 3 should be highly motivated and in a perfect situation to put up big numbers.

This should be a fantastic game and I'm looking forward to it.

LFG.

Play Tarzan Boy!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A little disappointed that there were only 5 votes for @Cloned polls being stale like moldy bread. Come on people.

It's kind of surreal that opening night is finally here. I wasn't sure if we'd get here so soon.

With every game being so important in a shortened season and against rivals, the Oilers will either be Stanley Cup contenders by the end of this game or Lottery Draft contenders. That's how we roll on HFOil.
Excited to see what our German Gretzky and German Kurri can do tonight.

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Maybe being unclaimed will spark Khaira a little... we need some push back tonight against Roussel, MacEwen, Motte, Virtanen, Hamonic, etc.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Man I'm excited for this. Even tried to go to bed early last night to be well rested for tonight. LOL. Didn't work very well.

Is Koskinen the confirmed starter?

The first 10 or so games of the year, McDrai usually go ape on other teams @sses and score an insane amount of points. I hope that trend continues this season.

I'm expecting a high scoring affair tonight as both teams get used to new systems, new players, rusty golaies, etc. That favours the Oilers since we have deadlier firepower up front. Hopefully team D can do enough to survive.

Excited to see the new players and lines.

Go Oilers Go!

Reactions: oilers'72

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So what did waiving Khaira accomplish if he is on the opening night roster? Did we gain any flexibility or cap space?
Not sure what the point was. I assumed they would be placing him on taxi squad to gain some cap.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Looking at the projected lineups I feel like this should be a really good opportunity for the boys to come out the gate strong.

So naturally we lose 4-0.

Reactions: Mez

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Lets go Oilers! Every game is big one this year with so tight division.

Betting bookies have the Oilers about 57% favourite tonight in Moneyline. And it is about what I thought earlier.

Oilers are considered marginally better team, maybe 2% advantage from there. Home ice advantage has been around 5-6% in NHL, but with no fans in the building that should be lower. 2-3% should be a good guess. And finally JT Miller(top line winger) out is ~2%.

People usually overweight the value of missing one player. Even if he is a good one like Miller. But it doesn't change the picture a whole lot.

So Canucks will get 2 points from this one over 40% of the time. This one isn't so lopsided that many here say it is.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So what did waiving Khaira accomplish if he is on the opening night roster? Did we gain any flexibility or cap space?
Not sure what the point was. I assumed they would be placing him on taxi squad to gain some cap.
We have 30 days of flexibility with him now. Most likely they want Haas as the 4c but want Khaira for the taxi squad and waiving him when we did lowered the chances of a claim. Now we have 30 days to assign him without waivers

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I think it's Canucks defenseman and amateur bodybuilder Nate Schmidt.

I clearly don't despise the Canucks enough to even recognize him. lol. I have homework to do and looks like the all Canadian division will give that. Not sure how I;m going to like all that, I'm a bit of a firey sort...heh

Canadian matchups bring a different nature of intensity. At least we'll have 4 Canadian Clubs on the shelf making the playoffs. Playoffs could be referred to as the "Rye" Division.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
6-5 OT loss for the Oilers. Barrie on for every single goal against.

Sorry guys. Woke up in a pissy mood and just have a bad feeling about the game and the way this team is built.

Hope I'm very wrong but you have to go with your gut even when it's sour.

Go Oilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->