[09 HF Draft Board] #6

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The first 5 names listed above the line are eligible to be put directly on to the list.

The next 5 (below the line), are eligible to be moved up to be put on the next poll. If any two are tied in bottom portion, I'll just move both of them up.

Engage in discussion! Help those less fortunate out!

1. John Tavares, C, Oshawa/London (OHL), CAN
2. Victor Hedman, D, MoDo (SEL), SWE
3. Matt Duchene, C, Brampton (OHL), CAN
4. Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, LW, Timra (SEL), SWE
5. Evander Kane, C, Vancouver (WHL), CAN

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
Schenn lands at 6 easily. I see Toronto trading up to get him.

After seeing highlights of Wheat Kings games, I am quite impressed with Glennie. He has a good chance of becoming a sniper. His offensive ceiling is higher than Schenn's.

Pyke*

I still like Schroeder and Ellis. I think Schroeder is under-rated, and Ellis imo is the best puck mover in the draft.

Btw, as good as some of these guys are:
If current voting trends represent where people will end up, Ellis is basically slotted 14th? Not sure that makes much sense.

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
I still like Schroeder and Ellis. I think Schroeder is under-rated, and Ellis imo is the best puck mover in the draft.

Btw, as good as some of these guys are:
If current voting trends represent where people will end up, Ellis is basically slotted 14th? Not sure that makes much sense.

i don't think Ellis is going to go to high, though 14 might be low, hes an undersized defenseman in a pretty deep D draft. His offensive potential can't be questioned, but its a risky pick because of his size and I don't know if GMs are willing to risk a high pick on him.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Cowen, Kadri

Add John Moore

Cowen despite the injury is a rare player, he's a big guy that can skate. Moore is raw but he has all the tools you need, he just needs to grow and fill out.

Canuck71*

Cowen and Glennie.

I think Rundblad deserves a nomination by now.

Pyke*

i don't think Ellis is going to go to high, though 14 might be low, hes an undersized defenseman in a pretty deep D draft. His offensive potential can't be questioned, but its a risky pick because of his size and I don't know if GMs are willing to risk a high pick on him.

He's just below 6 feet. Many guys are still growing at 17-18.

I agree he's not exactly huge, but it's not like he's Brian Gionta (forward, I know, but the point is size) either...

I also agree it's a pretty deep draft, I just question in the "new NHL" that size > skill.

Ellis reminds me a lot of Bryan Berard pre-eye injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad