'08 Eligible Goalies

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Can anyone give me scouting reports on the top 4 or 5 goalies eligible for the 08 draft? Guys like Poulin, Sateri, McCollum, Karhunen.......is there anybody else out there that someone thinks could be picked in the first round? Anybody that has seen these guys play, feel free to chip in. I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
This won't be very helpful, but... I've seen McCollum play a few times, and I think I'd take him ahead of any other goalie in *this year*'s draft, if he was eligible. I know nothing about scouting goalies, though, so I'll just leave it at that "casual observation"/armchair hunch level.

Whether that makes him a 1st round pick candidate or not, I equally do not know... on the one hand, if he's better than this year's best (where, say, there is perhaps an off chance that a Smith or someone else might sneak into the bottom of the first round), then you might say he's a "surefire" 1st rounder (inasmuch as that could be said for anybody a year and a half in advance of the draft). On the other hand... if next year's draft is as strong as suggested, then it might take a lot for a player to separate himself into first round stature, and being worthy of a 1st round selection this year wouldn't necessarily translate to the same status next year.

I'm curious to know if anybody thinks Chris Carrozzi from St.Mike's is on the draft radar yet or not? Playing behind a really woeful defensive team, he had some moments that intrigued me.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Singing the Dustin Tokarski melody (obviously, being from Spokane). But in all seriousness, he was very solid in the Chiefs' playoff run. If they side with him over Armstrong next season, that could make or break him as a 1st rounder.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Can anyone give me scouting reports on the top 4 or 5 goalies eligible for the 08 draft? Guys like Poulin, Sateri, McCollum, Karhunen.......is there anybody else out there that someone thinks could be picked in the first round? Anybody that has seen these guys play, feel free to chip in. I would really appreciate it, thanks.

here's the rankings go to the bottom of page

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10631&hubname=

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

Kevin Poulin, Harri Sateri, Tomi Karhunen, Max Strang is a good one to he plays USHL, Antoine Tardif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->