23 Ottawa Mikael Backlund C
24 Canucks Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i LW
25 Canadians Brett MacLean LW
26 Blues Keven Veilleux C
27 Flyers Mike Hoeffel LW
28 Oilers Max Gratchev LW
29 Capitals Oscar Moller LW
30 Red Wings Lars Eller LW

What do you guys think? I hope the Oilers continue to fall so they have a better chance at Alzner.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
1 Flyers Patrick Kane C
2 Coyotes Jacub Voracek RW
3 Blackhawks Kyle Turris C
4 Capitals Karl Alzner D
5 Kings Alexei Cherapanov RW
6 Oilers Sam Gagner C
7 Blue Jackets Keaton Ellerby D
8 Blues James Van Riemsdyk LW
9 Bruins Logan Couture C
10 Panthers Brandon Sutter C
11 Hurricanes Angelo Esposito C
12 Oilers Nick Petrecki D
13 Maple Leafs John Blum D
14 Canadians Alex Plante D
15 Ducks Colton Gillies C
16 Rangers Zach Hamill C
17 Avalanche Kevin Shattenkirk D
18 Blues Bill Sweatt LW
19 Flames John Negrin D
20 Wild Thomas Hickey D
21 Senators Maxim Mayorov LW
22 Canadians Jim O'Brien C
23 Blues Mikael Backlund C
24 Coyotes Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i LW
25 Penguins Brett MacLean LW
26 Canucks Keven Veilleux C
27 Oilers Mike Hoeffel LW
28 Flyers Max Gratchev LW
29 Red Wings Oscar Moller LW
30 Capitals Lars Eller LW

What do you guys think? I hope the Oilers continue to fall so they have a better chance at Alzner.

Good one.

But I don't think that :eek::eek::eek::eek:i or Gratchev will go begore Moller and Andersson. Espescially Moller.

fighterflea1*

1 Flyers Patrick Kane C
2 Coyotes Jacub Voracek RW
3 Blackhawks Kyle Turris C
4 Capitals Karl Alzner D
5 Kings Alexei Cherapanov RW
6 Oilers Sam Gagner C
7 Blue Jackets Keaton Ellerby D
8 Blues James Van Riemsdyk LW
9 Bruins Logan Couture C
10 Panthers Brandon Sutter C
11 Hurricanes Angelo Esposito C
12 Oilers Nick Petrecki D
13 Maple Leafs John Blum D
14 Canadians Alex Plante D
15 Ducks Colton Gillies C
16 Rangers Zach Hamill C
17 Avalanche Kevin Shattenkirk D
18 Blues Bill Sweatt LW
19 Flames John Negrin D
20 Wild Thomas Hickey D
21 Senators Maxim Mayorov LW
22 Canadians Jim O'Brien C
23 Blues Mikael Backlund C
24 Coyotes Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i LW
25 Penguins Brett MacLean LW
26 Canucks Keven Veilleux C
27 Oilers Mike Hoeffel LW
28 Flyers Max Gratchev LW
29 Red Wings Oscar Moller LW
30 Capitals Lars Eller LW

Kane is a winger. Eller is a centerman. With no real way of knowing, I'll guess the Flyers take Voracek with the #1 pick or #2 if he is available. It's not like they always go for size but they drafted a smurf, Claude Giroux, last year in the first round and project him as a top 6 forward. They have Gagne, Upshall and some talk of signing a Drury-Briere-Datsyuk-Gomez this off-season. They have to be concerned about going too small in their future top 2 lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think the Caps take Cherepanov if he's still on the board when they select. I like the Eller pick a lot, though.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
nice but i think Mayorov will go top 15 and hope the oilers grab him if hes still around by 12th overall pick.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I really hope Toronto doesn't pick a D in the first round.

I'd rather move down a couple spots if I had to.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I think the Oilers would pick JVR if he was available. We're deep at center, Cogliano, Schremp, Brodziak etc. We need wingers, we're really light at, we need scoring wingers, and we have very few Powerforward type prospects, add to that, he is a safe pick, i can see Edmonton drafting JVR above Gagner. maybe? :dunno:

Garnet

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Flyers

I live outside of London and Paul Holgrem scouted the last three games in the London/Owen Sound Series. (so the London TV station PL states) I think Pat Kane is the best forward in the draft in my opinion. His skill set is NHL calibre already. Flyer fans should be really exicted!! Kane Carter and Gagne would be an unbelievable line.

X0ssbar

Pretty solid mock. Doug MacLean has made it known that he'll be shopping his pick and if he gets the "right deal" he'll definitely make a trade. He'll be looking to put a package together for a center which would almost assuradly include this year's pick.

If he stands pat I'd like to see him grab Couture or Sutter if they are still on the board. Not overly excited about Ellerby although we could certainly use more D prospects.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
i doubt the kings would go after cherapanov. Right now we have no idea what DL would be looking for in the draft, hell, he might even trade down or up to pick up somone like Kane/Alzner

PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Panthers wont be 10 =) i have a strong feeling we pass carolina.

Haute Couturier

Feb 28, 2007
Philadelphia
I live outside of London and Paul Holgrem scouted the last three games in the London/Owen Sound Series. (so the London TV station PL states) I think Pat Kane is the best forward in the draft in my opinion. His skill set is NHL calibre already. Flyer fans should be really exicted!! Kane Carter and Gagne would be an unbelievable line.

Thanks for the info. As a Flyers fan, I am pretty excited, but watch us end up with the second pick instead. :cry:

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach

Yeah, thanks for the info. I'm excited about the prospect of getting Kane too. Good thing he had a 5 point night in the series clinching game. I'm sure Holmgren was happy to be there for that.

Another poster said that the Flyers might be weary of picking another small guy, but I could see Giroux being a part of a trade, and we also have Nodl at 6'1" 200, who should be a top 6 guy. Gagne, Carter and Knuble aren't small, and Upshall doesn't play like a small guy. We're probably going to pick up Briere or Drury in the offseason, and while neither are big, they're not really a size liability. Also, we'll probably pick up a top 6 winger, so who knows how big that guy could be. We'll pick the BPA, and that should be Kane, hopefully.

Question for you Garnet, being outside London, I'm sure you see most Knights games, so do you think Kane will strictly be a RW in the NHL, or do you see him playing any other forward positions? Thanks.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
someone wanna give me a review of Hamill and Sweatt

what kind of players are they and how good are they

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
someone wanna give me a review of Hamill and Sweatt

what kind of players are they and how good are they

I can tell you a bit about Sweatt.

He's a wordclass skater. Some believe him to be the fastest skater out there. Many are oblivious about his offensive potential though. He is attending Colorado College and had 26 points in 30 games. However, he is very creative with the puck and looks to pass more than shoot. If he develops that instinct then he could be a fairly good point producer in the NHL. His speed allows him to play effectively on the PK. I think he'll be a productive second liner for the team that drafts him. If he can really work more on his defensive game and makes it his specialty then he has a chance to be like Mike Fisher of Ottawa Senators. And we all know all 30 teams in the NHL would love to have a Mike Fisher.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If any of the top 3 or 4 forwards in this draft are around when the Caps pick, they take one. Alzner looks nice, but he is a 2-3 year project (from all reports, and as most young defensemen are). The Caps need someone to be ready to play in the NHL as soon as possible.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
If any of the top 3 or 4 forwards in this draft are around when the Caps pick, they take one. Alzner looks nice, but he is a 2-3 year project (from all reports, and as most young defensemen are). The Caps need someone to be ready to play in the NHL as soon as possible.

Alzner is probably the most NHL ready player in this draft.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Alzner is probably the most NHL ready player in this draft.

NHL ready, and ready to shoulder the load as a top 2 or 3 defenseman in the NHL are different things.

I haven't seen him, so who knows... but I'd have to say that taking a defenseman who might or might not be a top player right away versus a forward who could definitely have an impact in a year or two (if not this year) is an easy choice.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Alzner is probably at the same level Bourdon was when he was drafted. Luc had some injury troubles and Alzner is a little bit safer so I could see him being able to play on a weak defense next season. The Oiles have a weak defense, but I still don't think he'd crack to top 6 ahead of Smith, Staios, Grebeshkov, Gilbert, Greene and Smid. I think he could have a chance of cracking the Caps or Jackets though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->