06 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I believe Bryan Little in the OHL is a '06er, he seems to be having a solid season, I don't see the O much though, does anyone have an update on him?

leafaholix*

I believe his first name is Alexander, last name being Vasyunov. Plays in Russia, a big time scorer.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Leafaholix said:
I believe his first name is Alexander, last name being Vasyunov. Plays in Russia, a big time scorer.
It's still very early, but there are other guys that have done a bit more than he has and deserve to be mentioned over him at this point.

ISS currently has Peter Mueller ranked #1 for 2006.

Speed Demon

Nov 10, 2004
New Brunswick
Postman said:
It's still very early, but there are other guys that have done a bit more than he has and deserve to be mentioned over him at this point.

ISS currently has Peter Mueller ranked #1 for 2006.

What is ISS and where is Peter Mueller from and where does he play?

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Speed Demon said:
What is ISS and where is Peter Mueller from and where does he play?
ISS = International Scouting Service.

Peter Mueller is an '88-born from the U.S. He is currently playing for the USNTDP U-18 team as an underager, and I believe he is leading them in goals.

Phil Kessel, a late '87, is currently injured, but had 16 points in 8 games for the USNTDP U-18 team before he went down. He is another top prospect for the '06 draft.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Jonathon Toews (pronounced 'Tayves') - from Winnipeg, playing at Shattuck's -will be right up there.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Leafaholix said:

From what I heard, he was completely unimpressive at the recent four nations tournament.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Kessell is out of this world, better than Mueller in my opinion.

And Toews is amazing but I think Kessell's got a leg up on him.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Raimo Sillanpää said:
According to this:

http://internationalscouting.com/pdf/futurenhlstars-sample.pdf

Jesse Joensuu is currently pegged as the 2006 1st overall pick..
Yeah, that's their Oct. rankings.

In their Nov. rankings, Mueller is 1st, Joensuu 2nd, Frolik 3rd, Kessel 4th, and Vasyunov 5th. Which confirms that there's no clear #1, just a group of guys like in '03. At this point, anyway.

You have to be a subscriber to get all the latest rankings, otherwise you'll probably just be stuck with their Oct. sample for the rest of the year.

Also, McKeen's put up a scouting report on Mueller just after the 4 nations tourney. Seems they're very high on him as well.

Schlep Rock said:
Kessell is out of this world, better than Mueller in my opinion.

And Toews is amazing but I think Kessell's got a leg up on him.

It seems like that. He's proven more than all of these guys, at least. I said it for their Oct. rankings, and I'll say it again now, I think Kessel deserves to be #1 at this point.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Oilers Chick said:
Isn't Brian Foster also an 06 eligible player?

Haven't seen him play but have read some very good things about this kid. He's a goalie (UNH-bound) currently playing with the Junior Monarchs of the EJHL.

Foster is '05 eligible. His backup, Ryan Simpson, is an '06 who is supposed to be pretty good.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I watched the U18's a couple of weeks ago playing Harvard. Mueller was the clearly the best player on the team. I have also seen Kessel a few times and he is a dynamic player but Mueller will be the top pro prospect in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->