06/07 Ntdp

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Anyone have any information regarding the program for next year? I haven't heard too much at all about who will be on the U17 team which is unusual as typically there'll be at least a half dozen or so comitments at this point.

Apparently Kelen Corkum (Bob's son) has been named according to this link. I hadn't heard of him at all before he was put on the tryout roster. His stats certainly aren't impressive considering the strength of the league he's in. Anyone know anything about him?

Anyone have any opinions as to who else will be on the team? Here's my best shot at guys who I think will, without question, be invited...

Forward: AJ Jenks, Justin Florek, Robbie Czarnik, Jordan Schroeder, Brock Montpetit.

Defense: Steven West, Nick Pryor, Zach Bogosian.

Goal: Michael Clemente.

Here are some others who I think could have a good chance...

Forward: Michael Cichy, Vinny Saponari, Kevin McCarey, Ben Hanowski, Patrick Gaul, David Wohlberg, Vern Cooper.

Defense: Ian Ruel, David Warsofsky, Ryan Grimshaw.

Goal: Jordan Tibbett.

I could end up being pretty wrong on this (I never would have called the Corkum commitment) but it seems like a good start to get some discussion going.

Anyone have any info on whether or not Phil McRae will be staying with the U18s or going to the OHL? I've seen a lot of talk in OHL circles about his family's association with the London Knights (his father is a part owner). Given the nespotism that's been so obvious in the Knights organization it worries me that the'll get him. Granted, he didn't have the season I was hoping he would but it would be nice if he could stay in the program so they could have him for the international competitions. That is, unless the USA hockey people decide to try and let more CHL players join the team for those competitions (U17 World Challenge in particular).

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The Honeybaked AAA site has Jenks, Czarnik and Wohlberg all listed as going to the NTDP next season in thier alumni section. That makes four commitments I've found. Can anyone else find anything?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
theyve offered 12 spots so far, from what i hear, i dont know who they are though. usually ushr posts them, or a report from camp that is reliable, but i havent seen one. its so dumb how secretive usahockey is about this. its like they have nuclear weapons or something. if you hear anything let us know.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
orangeandblack said:
i hear so far its: corkum, jenks, czarnik, florek, cichy, montpetit, reddin, marciano, clemente

Forwards that will have a good chance or actually be on the team will be:

Jenks, Czarnik, Wholberg, Barron, Welchessen, Broccolo,
Florek, McRae (probably will be playing somewhere else), Jesse Brown, Kevin McCarey, posibly Vern Cooper (Canada) and Tucker Hunter (Canada) those two will probably not be playing there but its a possibility.

Defense:
O'Neil, Grimshaw, Bogasian, West, Heineman, Handley,Marciano

Goalies: Tibbet, Celement

those are just a few guys who should be considered or have already committed.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Hesienberg's NCAA recruiting site has Bogosian, Hegarty, and Lorenz listed as defensive commitments.

I've also heard from less reliable sources that Schroeder has commited and that McCarey has been offered, though the latter is still considering.

What are the odds that Vern Cooper will join? He really dominated the midget major loop he played in which is very impressive considering he's a few days away from being a '91 born. It'd be great to add such a skilled player.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:
Hesienberg's NCAA recruiting site has Bogosian, Hegarty, and Lorenz listed as defensive commitments.

I've also heard from less reliable sources that Schroeder has commited and that McCarey has been offered, though the latter is still considering.

What are the odds that Vern Cooper will join? He really dominated the midget major loop he played in which is very impressive considering he's a few days away from being a '91 born. It'd be great to add such a skilled player.

Vern Cooper is Canadian. Born, raised and developed in Canada. He's going to be a first round pick in the OHL draft and will play in the OHL.

As far as some of the othe players that have been mentioned, I have it on good authority that Czarnik has cut a deal with the new ownership group of the Windsor Spitfires and will be their first round pick while McRae will be going to Sault. Ste Marie to play with the Greyhounds as their first round pick. I have also heard rumblings that Clemente has agreed to a deal with an OHL team and will play in the OHL next season.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
cdnhky1 said:
Vern Cooper is Canadian. Born, raised and developed in Canada. He's going to be a first round pick in the OHL draft and will play in the OHL.

As far as some of the othe players that have been mentioned, I have it on good authority that Czarnik has cut a deal with the new ownership group of the Windsor Spitfires and will be their first round pick while McRae will be going to Sault. Ste Marie to play with the Greyhounds as their first round pick. I have also heard rumblings that Clemente has agreed to a deal with an OHL team and will play in the OHL next season.

any other americans that you've heard of going to the ohl? i hear erick cinnotti from jersey will get drafted and report. czarnik and clemente could be using the national team as leverage like bobby ryan and joey ryan did.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Mike Cichy would be there for sure but I think he is going to chose the QMJHL route. I heard about a rumor that he can't play NCAA due to the fact he accepted money for roller hockey which falls into the category of hockey in NCAA rules. So since he can't play NCAA his career would be better suited for the CHL now.

hockeylife

Jul 26, 2005
From Heisenberg's site
USNDP
Philip McRae-C USNDPT U-17 Team 6' 155 3-15-90
Robbie Czarnik-W Detroit Honeybaked 5'11 160 1-25-90 U.MICHIGAN
A.J. Jenks-LW Detroit Honeybaked 6'2 174 6-27-90 U.MICHIGAN
Mike Cichy-LC Jr.Bruins (Empire) 5'11 175 7-8-90
Justin Florek-CW Marquette 6'3 185 5-18-90 NORTHERN MICHIGAN
David Wohlberg-LC Detroit Honeybaked 6' 170 7-18-90 MICHIGAN
Brock Montpetit-RC Somerset WI 5'11 180 4-3-90
Joe Marciano-RD Shattuck St.Mary's 6'2 170 1-19-90
Sean Lorenz-RD Colorado Thunderbirds 6' 180 3-10-90
Nick Pryor-LD Hill-Murray 5'9 160 9-6-90 WISCONSIN (2009)
Ryan Hegarty-LD Belmont Hill 6' 180 5-16-90 (2009)
Zach Bogosian-RD Cushing Prep 6'1 175 7-15-90
Kelen Corkum-RC Portland Jr.Pirates 6'1 175 7-17-90
Goalies
Michael Clemente-G Wash. Jr.Caps 6'1 180 1-9-90

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
cdnhky1 said:

He did attend the NTDP tryout camp though, so he must have dual-citizenship. The NTDP has brought in a number of born and raised Canadian players over the years. Just last year they brought in Colin Wilson and Justin Vaive, both of whom were born and raised in Canada. Do you believe Cooper could have been using the US program as leverage like so many others have?

Also, does anyone know why Tucker Hunter went to the NTDP camp? He seems like a lock to go to the Knights. I've also heard very little about him being a high end player. Seems like a wasted spot for the camp.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:
He did attend the NTDP tryout camp though, so he must have dual-citizenship. The NTDP has brought in a number of born and raised Canadian players over the years. Just last year they brought in Colin Wilson and Justin Vaive, both of whom were born and raised in Canada. Do you believe Cooper could have been using the US program as leverage like so many others have?

Also, does anyone know why Tucker Hunter went to the NTDP camp? He seems like a lock to go to the Knights. I've also heard very little about him being a high end player. Seems like a wasted spot for the camp.

Cooper is not a dual citizen. He is a native Canadian and thus I believe there is a loop-hole that would allow him to play for the US. I've heard that Kingston plans on taking Cooper in the first round and that if they don't take him he won't get past Sudbury. As far as Tucker Hunter is concerned, he's a decent player but not a great prospect. I'm not sure he'd go in the top three rounds of the OHL draft if not for his connection with London. He's a gritty player with good leadership skills but not exactly the type of player you could see playing in high level international competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->