05 Draft Needs and Wants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa needs a power-forward type player or a centre capable of winning a faceoff, all the better if those 2 qualities can be found in one player.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
The Flyers need scoring wingers and top 4 defensemen. Besides the obvious #1, Bobby Clarke would LOVE to trade up for Bobby Ryan (if necessary, :D ), who is from Cherry Hill, NJ, and plays like John LeClair in his prime. Clarke is very good friends with his family, as well.

#1 Overall - Sid "Vicious" Crosby
#2-5 Bobby Ryan

Also Skille, Latendresse, Bourdon, Staal, Kindl, Korhonen, Trukhno, Lee, Hanzal, Lehtonen, Jackson, Blunden, Lawrence. . .

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Habsfan 32 said:
What are you laughing at? The only goalie prospect we have that as a chance to make it big in the NHL is Danis. I don't Halak will be good enough to be a number one goalie and same thing goes for Heino-Lindberg. While I think the need for a power forward is alot more urgent I'd be happy if they drafted a guy like Price.
A power forward is what we need above all else and then a big solid Defenseman. I wouldn't panic at our goaltender situation at all, I wouldnt mind if the Habs draft a goaltender if he's the best player available when they pick but I don't want them to go out of their way to draft one.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Hercules Rockefeller said:
The Ducks' needs are summed up with one name-Marc Staal. Him and Smid make for a very nice top pairing, and if they sell the farm(which probably won't happen unless Al Coates gets the GM job), they also have a shot at Marc's brother next season.

Seriously, other than the big 3, I'd only want Anze Kopitar and Bobby Ryan over him. Pouliot is overrated IMO.

Yeah I agree. Staal would be Anaheim's pick if they pick around 9th again.

Other needs would be power forward (trade up for Bobby Ryan)

Franchise center to allow Getzlaf to be a great 2nd line center (win the lottery:Crosby, trade up for Brule)

Future #1 goalie (Bryzgalov is 25 already)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
SportBoy said:
Habs need a power foward, a big talented center or a solid D. Everything exept speedy wingers! I would like to have even Kopitar, Johnson or Latendresse.

If we are going to draft a big forward I would prefer to pick O'Marra over Latendresse. Latendresse has not impressed me at all and I think O'Marra clearly demonstrated his superiority at the U 18's. If O'Marra slips to the middle of the 1st round I think there will be alot of GM's shaking their headfs in hindsight. I may be a minority with this opinion but I believe that O'Marra's offensive upside is grossly underated by the hockey community. As a matter of fact I would take Bourret over Latendresse as well. Bourret may not be as big as Latendresse but I think his physical game is more effective and his skillset is more impressive.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Estimated_Prophet said:
If we are going to draft a big forward I would prefer to pick O'Marra over Latendresse. Latendresse has not impressed me at all and I think O'Marra clearly demonstrated his superiority at the U 18's. If O'Marra slips to the middle of the 1st round I think there will be alot of GM's shaking their headfs in hindsight. I may be a minority with this opinion but I believe that O'Marra's offensive upside is grossly underated by the hockey community. As a matter of fact I would take Bourret over Latendresse as well. Bourret may not be as big as Latendresse but I think his physical game is more effective and his skillset is more impressive.

Latendresse dominated at the U-18's against the weaker clubs but when the quality of competition improved he didn't seem to be nearly as effective. O'Marra was a consistent threat throughout and because of this I would rank him higher as well. Latendresse's big question mark is his speed. If he can't bring it up to a higher level than he's going to be a third/fourth liner. O'Marra to me looks like a decent second line guy. Of course this is based on a handful of games so take my opinion for what it is worth.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I'm thinking the Oilers need a potential #1 center, heck, any position on the first line would be nice. Schremp is the only prospect we have with such a ceiling, but I doubt he reaches it. I see him as more of a 2nd-line winger than anything.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Montreal needs

I think that Montreal needs

1) A physical number one centerman (ribeiro has first line centerman skills, but missing important assets like size and agressiveness)

2) A physical winger to play along side of Kost, perez, and ribs and chris higgins

3) A top 2 good 2 way defensmen. We have Komisarek and Markov as true NHLer dmen. Hainsey is still a suspect. Dmen take 3-4 years to play in NHL so we have think of the time when Rivet, brisebois, and Souray would be gone

We miss toughness everywhere in this team

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd like Phoenix to take a center. Crosby, Brule, Kopitar, or Bourret would be nice. If Bobby Ryan is available when the Yotes pick I could definately see a trade with Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad