05 Draft Needs and Wants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
The :edmonton need a bonafide RW sniper, a bluechip D-Man, and a depth pick in Goal. What need we address will probably depend on where we end up picking.

If we pick #1 - Oilers select.. :dunce:

If we pick #2 - Oilers probably select Jack Johnson

If we pick #3-#10 - Oilers hopefully select one of Bobby Ryan/Ansze Kopitar/Gilbert Brule
If we pick > #10 - :cry: .. jk... Bergfors?? Skille?? Ah.. wtf... I give up .. the Oilers want the players that everyone else does :p:

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
For Montréal, they need physical foward and top defencemen. If we pick at the 18 spot like last year, Bourdon or Hanzal could be good pick.

Last edited:

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
kruezer said:
The Flames need a top six forward, like normal. Which forward position is tough, I would guess on the wing, McArdle would be brilliant depending on where they pick, though center would certainly be welcome as well. Then some more depth on D and in G with the rest of the draft should be the goal IMO.

Skilled center with size I think is what we need the most in the system imho.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Carolina:
#1 defenseman - Jack Johnson or Marc Staal would do nicely
top 6 forward - Paul Stastny would probably fit the role here if he's available in the 2nd

what Carolina DOESN'T need is another goalie, at least not on the first day.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I can see the Oilers selecting one of Setoguchi,Mcardle,Betram or Bourret as they like those types of guys who can skate,hit and score.

Why would Nashville need a Rugged Defenseman? Does the name Shea Webber mean nothing to you?

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
Edmonton is pretty well balanced in the prospect department, what we really need is a high end guy (read potential franchise player) and this particular year that means a 1-6th overall pick.

FYI for Hallenback the current Lowe\Pendengrast regime is more interested in coke machines on skates, while the former Sather\Fraser regime were more along the lines of if the kid can't skate were not drafting him.

Joe Hallenback said:
Oilers selecting one of Setoguchi,Mcardle,Betram or Bourret
Setoguchi and Bouret do look like Oiler types to me, Mcardle I haven't seen much of, and Bertram I doubt we'd be very interested in.

Last edited:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Penguins-
would love to see the Penguins get Sid of course, if they cant get him I would love to see them get Jack Johnson.......I think that the pens already have a very solid D core coming up through the ranks and him along wth MA Fleury would make the Pens back end pretty awesome.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For the Kings, I want them to draft the BPA. Of course, all things equal, here are the Kings needs in order of importance:
Goalie - Rask or Price would be nice
Center - Kopitar, Zagrapan, Brule, etc; someone with skill.
Offensive defenseman - I'm a bit worried about Grebeshkov, so finding a d-man, preferrably one with offensive ability, would be a bonus. We've only taken one defenseman the past two years!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think it's safe to say every team could use a #1 forward or #1 defenseman ;P

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Detroit needs defensman prospects of all kinds, they are verythin in that area. Kronwall (AHL) is the only sure thing here.

Gaoltending is stacked in the DRW organization with Howard (NCAA), Liv (SEL), MacDonald (AHL), McIntyre (AHL), Koopmans (ECHL)

At the forward position Detroit needs to get bigger, faster and more gritty. Plenty of small, skilled forwards in the fold (Hudler, McGrath, Grigorenko, Filpulla, Himelfarb, Robinson etc.). A Michael Blunden type would be wonderful to add.

Detroit always goes with the best available player though. I look to see this trend continue this year. Detroit may have some extra picks in the upcoming draft if they are required to unload high priced talent to get under the cap level. Should be a fun draft to see (if televised).

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Joe Hallenback said:
Why would Nashville need a Rugged Defenseman? Does the name Shea Webber mean nothing to you?

Your right. He satisfies our quota. Unfortunately, in the new CBA teams will be limited to only one rugged defenseman per team, so you are dead on ;)

There are no guarantees with Weber. He could be great, but injuries could derail it just as easily. And it wouldn't hurt to have two rugged defenseman to pair with Suter/Hamhuis/Zidlicky/Klein in a few years.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Penguins-
would love to see the Penguins get Sid of course, if they cant get him I would love to see them get Jack Johnson.......I think that the pens already have a very solid D core coming up through the ranks and him along wth MA Fleury would make the Pens back end pretty awesome.

If they got Johnson, they would have a future top four of:

Johnson
Whitney
Orpik
Welch

USA all the way baby! :bow:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
SmokeyClause said:
Your right. He satisfies our quota. Unfortunately, in the new CBA teams will be limited to only one rugged defenseman per team, so you are dead on ;)

There are no guarantees with Weber. He could be great, but injuries could derail it just as easily. And it wouldn't hurt to have two rugged defenseman to pair with Suter/Hamhuis/Zidlicky/Klein in a few years.

Stehlick could be the answer.

I think this is the draft the Preds need. There are a ton of quality center prospects......we should be able to nab a few that will work out for our team.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
Habs need a power foward, a big talented center or a solid D. Everything exept speedy wingers! I would like to have even Kopitar, Johnson or Latendresse.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
AnThGrt said:
LA Kings -
I hope they pick Rask simply because we havent ever had a good golie and i want our team to once in its history to have a good golie or elite and i believe Rask could become really good. Going by all the things i've heard about how the draft will go Kings will prob be around pick #10-15 so i'm hoping Rask is still available if not I'd go with Staal if he still there since we need more defense prospects and if that fails any player really isnt bad as long as they turn out good =) and i trust our scouts

Kelly Hrudy ring any bells?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Malakhov said:

What are you laughing at? The only goalie prospect we have that as a chance to make it big in the NHL is Danis. I don't Halak will be good enough to be a number one goalie and same thing goes for Heino-Lindberg. While I think the need for a power forward is alot more urgent I'd be happy if they drafted a guy like Price.

A Good Flying Bird*

norrisnick said:
Wings need a goal-scorer with size and if possible speed as well.

WIngs need size/scoring on the Wings.
And now that you mention it, speed wouldn't hurt, either.

Mikka Lehtonen might be around late in the first. He's not bluechip, but he has size and tremendous skill. Not the fastest skater in the world. I also wonder about his work ethic. But when he wants to play, he can be dominant.

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Devils immediate need is defense. Ryan Parent or Luc Bourdon would be nice, more likely a Brian Lee or Matt Lashoff. Also, need to add some goaltending depth.

As for possibe long-shots, Sid of course, followed by Kopitar, Johnson, Staal, Parent or Bourdon.

Last edited:

JonathanWashington

Hockey in Cairo
Dec 26, 2004
Manhattan
the sabres need defense!!!!!!!
im not sure about many of the d prospects. and who would be around for the sabres. i guess i feel.. we loose zhitnik and trade warener. what can we possibly find that will develop into one of them? :amazed:

im looking for us to draft a big center or winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->