04 vs 05(top 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyCamel2000

Jul 16, 2004
The 2004 draft's top 3 picks featured two forwards and a defenseman.
#1 Ovechkin
#2 Malkin
#3 Barker

The 2005 draft's top 3 picks figure to be something like this wich also include two forward and a defenseman.

#1 Crosby
#2 Brule
#3 Johnson

Now i know that the draft hasn't been held yet and we might not be having one but i was just bored and was wondering which 3 you would choose. IMO i think crosby is better than ovechkin, and Malkin is better than Brule and I am higher on Johnson than Barker but if I had to pick a top 3 from a draft I would pick the 2005 top 3.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
LazyCamel2000 said:
The 2003 draft's top 3 picks featured two forwards and a defenseman.
#1 Ovechkin
#2 Malkin
#3 Barker

The 2004 draft's top 3 picks figure to be something like this wich also include two forward and a defenseman.

#1 Crosby
#2 Brule
#3 Johnson

Now i know that the draft hasn't been held yet and we might not be having one but i was just bored and was wondering which 3 you would choose. IMO i think crosby is better than ovechkin, and Malkin is better than Brule and I am higher on Johnson than Barker but if I had to pick a top 3 from a draft I would pick the 2004 top 3.
Ya got the years messed up.....2004 vs 2005

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Crosby > Ovechkin
Brule < Malkin
Barker ?? Johnson

I wish I got to see Johnson play. I get the impression Barker and Johnson are very different kinds of players, though. Barker has all the tools to be a #1 NHL defenseman, but I don't know that he'll reach that potential. He always seems uninterested, and not willing enough to work. A little intensity would go a long way with Cam Barker.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Have either of you seen Johnson play?
Yes, I have seen about 4 of his games on tape actually. Much more impressive overall then Mr. Barker, imo....

bruins4777*

nomorekids said:
It's true. I've often heard that fans of Stephen Kasner's art live sheltered lives, and while they might CLAIM to rabidly follow the USNTDP, it's a safe bet they're lying.
gold

LazyCamel2000

Jul 16, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
Ya got the years messed up.....2004 vs 2005

ooops my bad
:blush: This whole nhl lockout sucks i'm still living in 2004 watching reruns of the playoffs over and over again. I want the nhl back :cry: Thanks for the correction JMI! :)

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Yes, I have seen about 4 of his games on tape actually. Much more impressive overall then Mr. Barker, imo....

Interesting. Barker doesn't really impres me either (well....you know what I mean) but he's got some nice potential. And I only saw Johnson play once - and that was when he was 16.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Greg7 said:
Crosby > Ovechkin
Brule < Malkin
Barker ?? Johnson

I wish I got to see Johnson play. I get the impression Barker and Johnson are very different kinds of players, though. Barker has all the tools to be a #1 NHL defenseman, but I don't know that he'll reach that potential. He always seems uninterested, and not willing enough to work. A little intensity would go a long way with Cam Barker.

You don't have to worry about intensity with Johnosn, that's for sure.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Ovechkin < Crosby
Malkin > Brule (albeit marginally)
Johnson > Barker

This year's top 3 doesn't have as much size as '04s though. It's still pretty safe to assume that it is better than last year's.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I think the general assessment is right.

The Crosby vs Ovechkin battle will be interesting in their first years...

I've not seen Johnson play sadly though. :(

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Is there ANY evidence of Johnson being ahead of Barker??? Personally I strongly feel that Barker is going to be the better of the two. Bigger, more physical, better defensively...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Pepper said:
Is there ANY evidence of Johnson being ahead of Barker??? Personally I strongly feel that Barker is going to be the better of the two. Bigger, more physical, better defensively...

Wow...I don't think Barker is more physical OR better defensively than Jack Johnson. That's his two biggest assets...his defensive awareness and his devastating hits.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pepper said:

This post is evidence you have no idea what you're talking about.

Roger's Pancreas*

nomorekids said:
Wow...I don't think Barker is more physical OR better defensively than Jack Johnson. That's his two biggest assets...his defensive awareness and his devastating hits.
I'm curious that's almost a perfect description of the Scott Stevens mold. Will Jack turn out in like Dion just with less PP time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad