04 Playoffs Keith Primeau

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Should have never traded Brindy. That guy was a heart and soul player every game every shift, I'm talking regular season and playoffs. Still pissed at Clarke for that one.

Clarke had a deal in place to trade Lindros instead. But Snider wouldnt sign off on it. So they traded Brind'Amour instead. Some remembered why that trade happened.
There was a rumor that Tocchet and Lindros had more then words over it.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
Highlights and stats just will never do it justice. Unless you were watching it as it happened you'll never understand just how dominant it was. I've never seen anything like it.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
There were times in that run he put the entire team on his shoulders and would completely dominate his entire shift. It is one of the best "carries" I've seen.

primeau.jpg

Brostradamus

LegionOfDoom Reunion
Feb 2, 2012
Dub C
To this day that roster still goes down as my favorite lineup. It was really our last chance with that band of veterans to get it done and they came so damn close. LeClair, Amonte, Primeau, Gagne, Roenick, Handzus, Dejardains, Kapanen... ect. I don't think that I have loved any roster top to bottom as much as this one. Even if we had won in 2010 I still would favor this group of players.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
To this day that roster still goes down as my favorite lineup. It was really our last chance with that band of veterans to get it done and they came so damn close. LeClair, Amonte, Primeau, Gagne, Roenick, Handzus, Dejardains, Kapanen... ect. I don't think that I have loved any roster top to bottom as much as this one. Even if we had won in 2010 I still would favor this group of players.

This. I haven't been able to fully fall in love with a team since then. Maybe it's because we haven't had a group together long enough to really latch onto. That group also had the best game intro song which I think we should bring back. :)

EDIT: How could you forget Recchi and Zhamnov?! ;)

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Hextall? Or were you only counting skaters? If we're narrowing it down to one series, I'd throw out Umberger against the Habs. Guy was absolutely on fire during that series.

IIRC Hextall was the first player on the losing team to win the Conn Smyth. He certainly was great but that team around him was no slouch (we had a lot of injuries both times we played the Oilers in the finals and took them to 6 and 7 games I think).

Umberger had a great series too but IMO he did not look like a man amongst boys the way KP did in that playoffs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IIRC Hextall was the first player on the losing team to win the Conn Smyth. He certainly was great but that team around him was no slouch (we had a lot of injuries both times we played the Oilers in the finals and took them to 6 and 7 games I think).

Umberger had a great series too but IMO he did not look like a man amongst boys the way KP did in that playoffs.

Hextall was the 4th player in history to win it while being on a losing team.

1966 G Roger Crozier Detroit
1968 G Glenn Hall St. Louis
1976 F Reggie Leach Philadelphia
1987 G Ron Hextall Philadelphia
2003 G G-S Giguere Anaheim

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This. I haven't been able to fully fall in love with a team since then. Maybe it's because we haven't had a group together long enough to really latch onto. That group also had the best game intro song which I think we should bring back. :)

EDIT: How could you forget Recchi and Zhamnov?! ;)

Seeing Brashear in the beginning of that video reminded me of this:

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I was there. We were blowing them out with like 3+ minutes to go and people started leaving. I always stayed till the end of the games no matter the score...

Then we had 30 more minutes of fighting and I had an evil grin the whole time wondering how ****** those people felt after they found out what they missed.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
Clarke had a deal in place to trade Lindros instead. But Snider wouldnt sign off on it. So they traded Brind'Amour instead. Some remembered why that trade happened.
There was a rumor that Tocchet and Lindros had more then words over it.

It's too bad, at that point on Brind'Amour was far better than Lindros and with him and Primeau the Flyers would have had two Selke candidates playing center.

Obivously there are a lot of what ifs but you got to wonder about how 2000 could have ended with Brind'Ampour instead of Lindros

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
It's too bad, at that point on Brind'Amour was far better than Lindros and with him and Primeau the Flyers would have had two Selke candidates playing center.

Obivously there are a lot of what ifs but you got to wonder about how 2000 could have ended with Brind'Ampour instead of Lindros

I wonder how 2000 could have ended if there was no Stevens.

the lers

Apr 28, 2011
Hextall was the 4th player in history to win it while being on a losing team.

1966 G Roger Crozier Detroit
1968 G Glenn Hall St. Louis
1976 F Reggie Leach Philadelphia
1987 G Ron Hextall Philadelphia
2003 G G-S Giguere Anaheim

Reggie leach playoff record 19 goals :handclap:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Had their not been a lockout after that year I really think we could have won the cup. Oh and this is my favorite playoff play ever. Poulin scores on the Quebec 5 on 3 and the building was so loud. The goal basically ended the series, just ripped the hearts out of Quebec and sent us into the Finals, only to lose in 5 against the Gretzky, Coffey, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr team.

Last edited:

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
Is there any where to watch these games? Reading this thread really makes we wanna experience these games again lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad