04 goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
rt said:
Who are some good goalies that you expect to still be there in the second round? Also, how far down do you think Dubnyk could be had?

Dubnyk will be snatched by EDM at 25, IMO... then there's Schneider, whom I can see Chicago taking 32nd overall. Drop-off after Schneider.

After that it's Shantz and Peters, who should go between 45-55,

Another drop-off, and you've got Ellis, LaCosta, Akerlund, Brown and Greiss. None of whom will go 2nd.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I know Schneider is supposed to be a very good prospect. I can't imagine he'd be a priority for the Hawks at #32. If they do take Barker at #3, I'd think that 3 of 4 2nd rounders would HAVE to be forwards (& a Calgary d-man perhaps). That being said, we're talking about the Hawks. Forget Leighton, Anderson, Crawford, Brodeur, Ayers, Berkhoel, Munro in the system already (I guess).

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
GaryU said:
I know Schneider is supposed to be a very good prospect. I can't imagine he'd be a priority for the Hawks at #32. If they do take Barker at #3, I'd think that 3 of 4 2nd rounders would HAVE to be forwards (& a Calgary d-man perhaps). That being said, we're talking about the Hawks. Forget Leighton, Anderson, Crawford, Brodeur, Ayers, Berkhoel, Munro in the system already (I guess).

OK, see, not to be a dick, but I must make an example of this post... as the draft draws nearer, people seem to think things are set in stone (i.e. NYR - Ladd, PHO - Tukonen). The truth is there is little to no factual evidence indicating that teams are 100% sold on a guy. With the exception of WAS, PIT and CBJ to a lesser extent.

With that said, there is an immeasureable chance that CHI will NOT take Barker... likely a very high chance they won't.

Moving right along, any Chicago fan will tell you they need a better goalie prospect than Leighton. Schneider is actually a very feasible option at 32. Some speculate he will go in the 1st round.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
monster_bertuzzi said:
1-Montoya
2-Schwarz
3-Schneider
4-Dubnyk
5-Akerlund
6-Shantz
7-Glass

Good ranking! And I genuinely ask, do you think Akerlund is THAT good? And that's rhetorical, I don't know much about him... Also, shouldn't maybe Peters be in Glass's spot? I also like Ellis and LaCosta... but not top 7.

McCabeW

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Michal Valent of Slovakia seems to be overlooked in these threads so often. He is better than Greiss and right on Akerlund's heels if not even. Tough to compare with North American guys but he is right there with the second level of goalies such as Shantz and Glass. He is going to be an absolute steal if he falls below 4th or 5th round.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Dubnyk will be snatched by EDM at 25, IMO... then there's Schneider, whom I can see Chicago taking 32nd overall. Drop-off after Schneider.

After that it's Shantz and Peters, who should go between 45-55,

Another drop-off, and you've got Ellis, LaCosta, Akerlund, Brown and Greiss. None of whom will go 2nd.

Thanks Nostradamus. And how much are you paying us if your information proves wrong?

Heh, just read another thread and it looks like your own quote might be the best retort...

BobMarleyNYR said:
Where's the crystal ball?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Good ranking! And I genuinely ask, do you think Akerlund is THAT good? And that's rhetorical, I don't know much about him... Also, shouldn't maybe Peters be in Glass's spot? I also like Ellis and LaCosta... but not top 7.

I think very highly of Akerlund;). And IMO, Glass is one of the most underrated players in the draft, period.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Thanks Nostradamus. And how much are you paying us if your information proves wrong?

Heh, just read another thread and it looks like your own quote might be the best retort...

There's no comparing that to simply saying "FLA will pick 3rd."

Not the best point... by the way, were you waiting for that opportunity?

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
One goaltender forgotten here big time is Julien Ellis from the Shawinigan cataractes of the QMJHL.
Watch for him!

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Dubnyk

Exactly how good is Dubnyk? Can someone give me an analysis? Scale of 1-10? as in similar to how you think HF will rank him after draft time

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BobMarleyNYR said:
OK, see, not to be a dick, but I must make an example of this post... as the draft draws nearer, people seem to think things are set in stone (i.e. NYR - Ladd, PHO - Tukonen). The truth is there is little to no factual evidence indicating that teams are 100% sold on a guy. With the exception of WAS, PIT and CBJ to a lesser extent.

With that said, there is an immeasureable chance that CHI will NOT take Barker... likely a very high chance they won't.

Moving right along, any Chicago fan will tell you they need a better goalie prospect than Leighton. Schneider is actually a very feasible option at 32. Some speculate he will go in the 1st round.

Then why the F*** did you take Crawford #52 in a VERY deep draft???

Have you seen Crawford play? The guy is just as good a pro prosect as any goalie out there, especially Schnieder.

If CHI takes a goalie high this draft its throwing away precious assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->