'04 draft reentries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any big names that may reenter? How about a list for each team for who needs to be signed by June 1st. (yes I know it's 4 1/2 months away)

For the Habs, they have 2. Michael Lambert (PEI Rocket) and Andre Deveaux (Owen Sound)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Penguins still need to sign:
Erik Christensen (Brandon)
Maxime Talbot (Gatineau)
Dwight LaBrosse (god knows where...last I checked he was playing in Des Moines)

Christensen and Talbot will definitely be signed, LaBrosse will be left to walk. The bulk of that draft is in college(Whitney, Sertich, Goepfert, & Lannon). Nemec, Fernholm, & Bartschi are Euros.

Cam Paddock signed earlier this season but returned to Kelowna after only a couple days in Wilkes-Barre...not sure of the situation there.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Washington Capitals

Patrick Wellar - A must sign in my opinion. He was a steal in the 3rd round in 2002...leadership which is lacking at all levels in DC and Portland.

Jonas Johansson - If doesnt sign...Caps get a 2nd rounder. So...I dunno. He's going to want 1st round mony I suppose...hopefully not. Portlan could use his offense.

Derek Krestanovich - Should make a decent addition to Portland...had a good training camp and was one of the final Junior cuts.

Maxime Daigneault - This will be interesting...I know the Caps brass really like Gherson...and would have to pay Max 2nd round money. Should be interesting to see if they keep both. If Kolzig goes in a trade...Im sure they will sign both.

Jevon Desaultels - Decent power winger with some toughness...I think he'll sign...made a good line mate with Kresto in camp.

Robert Gherson - See above with Max. Is having a sup par year with Owen.

Joni Lindolf - Bah. He wont be signed.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Sabres need to sign

Dan Paille - no evidence to suggest they won't

Jakub Klepis - Regier said this past summer that Klepis will be signed

Michael Tessier - probably a 50/50 chance

Marty Magers - very doubtful

Dennis Wideman - I'm guessing 65/35 they will

Martin Cizek - very doubtful

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Voodoo Daddy said:
Does Klepis need to be signed? He was drafted out of the CHL but i'd assume he's categorized as a Euro.

I believe that since he was drafted out of the CHL he's under the same considerations as all other CHLers (Martin Cizek is in the same boat, he's playing in Europe this year). I might be wrong but this is the impression I'm getting from media and management.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
jincargo said:
Washington Capitals

Jonas Johansson - If doesnt sign...Caps get a 2nd rounder. So...I dunno. He's going to want 1st round mony I suppose...hopefully not. Portlan could use his offense.

That raises a good point ... Because Johansson was traded for ...rather than drafted directly by the Caps .. ....

Are you sure Washington would get a Comp Pick.. ?? If he went unsigned ???

.....(side note Avs GM Lacroix said they where not going to sign him at the time of the trade)..

Also to further complicate the situation is that Johansson at the time he was drafted by the Avs was actually a Euro player playing in Sweden he then joined the Kamloops Blazers for the 2002-2003 Season as he was drafted in the Import draft..

Anyone of your CHL guru's have an Answer...

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Flames only drafted one CHL player in 2002--Lombardi and he's obviously signed. everyone else was either NCAA (although I guess van der Gulik was a junior (BCHL)player when drafted?) or Euro, so I think we're good

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Martin Houle is probably the best re entry IMO. That belarus guy who used to play for London is also a good one. Karaga or something like that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Messenger said:
That raises a good point ... Because Johansson was traded for ...rather than drafted directly by the Caps .. ....

Are you sure Washington would get a Comp Pick.. ?? If he went unsigned ???

.....(side note Avs GM Lacroix said they where not going to sign him at the time of the trade)..

Also to further complicate the situation is that Johansson at the time he was drafted by the Avs was actually a Euro player playing in Sweden he then joined the Kamloops Blazers for the 2002-2003 Season as he was drafted in the Import draft..

Anyone of your CHL guru's have an Answer...

Hes considered a Euro. It goes by which team you were drafted from. You can be drafted from a euro team then report to the CHL, but you are still considered a euro.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ruckus007 said:
I believe that since he was drafted out of the CHL he's under the same considerations as all other CHLers (Martin Cizek is in the same boat, he's playing in Europe this year). I might be wrong but this is the impression I'm getting from media and management.

Yes he is considered a CHL player.

However, i thought Klepis was picked from a euro team on draft day.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
OH, nm I thought you meant re entries from last years draft, as in players who wern't selected. BLA

What draft year would most of these prospects be from, 2001?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
OH, nm I thought you meant re entries from last years draft, as in players who wern't selected. BLA

What draft year would most of these prospects be from, 2001?

All 2002.

Because CHLers need 2 years to sign. So Deadline would be June 2004 sometime.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
The Penguins still need to sign:
Erik Christensen (Brandon)
Maxime Talbot (Gatineau)
Dwight LaBrosse (god knows where...last I checked he was playing in Des Moines)

Christensen and Talbot will definitely be signed, LaBrosse will be left to walk. The bulk of that draft is in college(Whitney, Sertich, Goepfert, & Lannon). Nemec, Fernholm, & Bartschi are Euros.

Cam Paddock signed earlier this season but returned to Kelowna after only a couple days in Wilkes-Barre...not sure of the situation there.

I believe Christensen was signed this past year. He was supposed to report to the AHL but decided to go back to the WHL because of the backlog of centers in WBS. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure he signed prior to training camp this past year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
The oly one from the devils was Cam Janssen and I doubt anyone will repick him.

And your 9th rd pick Bill Kinkel.

51 - Anton Kadeykin - Euro
53 - Barry Tallackson - NCAA
64 - Jason Ryznar - NCAA
84 - Marek Chvatal - Euro
85 - Ahren Nittel - Euro
117 - Cam Janssen - Unsigned
154 - Krisjanis Redlihs - Euro
187 - Eric Johansson - AHL
218 - Ilkka Pikkarainen - AHL
250 - Dan Glover - ???
281 - Bill Kinkel - Unsigned

John E. Ringo

Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
Cam Janssen signed with NJ last January.

Ahren Nittel is not a Euro, unless Waterloo, Ontario seceded. Nittel was a Windsor Spitfire when drafted by the Devils, and finished in the OHL with Oshawa. He signed with NJ and last I looked was in Albany.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
La-La-Laprise said:
And your 9th rd pick Bill Kinkel.

51 - Anton Kadeykin - Euro
53 - Barry Tallackson - NCAA
64 - Jason Ryznar - NCAA
84 - Marek Chvatal - Euro
85 - Ahren Nittel - Euro
117 - Cam Janssen - Unsigned
154 - Krisjanis Redlihs - Euro
187 - Eric Johansson - AHL
218 - Ilkka Pikkarainen - AHL
250 - Dan Glover - ???
281 - Bill Kinkel - Unsigned
Meh, small change there allthough I wouldn't mind seeing Kinkel getting signed, he would be a good 3rd liner on an AHL team.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
pittengineer said:
I believe Christensen was signed this past year. He was supposed to report to the AHL but decided to go back to the WHL because of the backlog of centers in WBS. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure he signed prior to training camp this past year.

That would be what Paddock did.

Christensen and Patrick were off on money issues, Christensen wanted the rookie max, Patrick wasn't willing to offer that(and rightfully so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad