Boston Bruins 火熊熊將在2018年O.R.G. NHL中國運動會

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bob Beers and Jack Edwards stayed home. Alex is also here.

NESN was going to show the games but some issues came up that could not be resolved. Money was NOT a factor in this.

My body clock is so screwed up now :help: Wide awake at 3:15 AM. I come home on Thursday and leave Beijing at 1 PM and arrive at Logan at 3 PM :huh:
The TV truck we are using just arrived at Cadillac Arena after being delayed by the typhoon, it is a 1,300-mile trip.

The arena is almost a clone of Staples Center in LA but the rink will be KHL 200 x 100 as Beijing has a team in that league.

wSlPoKY.jpg

I love her!

If she posts here tell her to hit me up.

Reactions: Tmac37

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Officially the NHL and the Bruins are not saying much about the issues.

Privately the feeling is some low-level official didn't get an envelope they were expecting.

At least we have our TV truck

OB Trucks: Legendary Ocean Media | LIVE-PRODUCTION.TV

In China, logistical problems piling up for Bruins'...

But at 10 a.m. on Monday, an hour before the Bruins’ originally scheduled practice at AZ Ice Sports Club, the only hum came from the fans whirring in their dressing room. It was partially set up: skates, helmets, shoulder pads, shin pads.

There was no sign of sticks or jerseys.

For reasons of bureaucratic uncertainty, none of the pieces containing 100 pounds or more of equipment was allowed onto the Bruins’ and Flames’ flight from Shenzen to Beijing on Saturday. The sticks and jerseys that were red-flagged at Shenzhen International Airport following the Bruins’ 4-3 shootout win were kept company by the trunks containing their skate sharpener and medical equipment.

So instead of traveling by air, the heavy stuff had to be driven over 1,300 miles from Shenzhen to Beijing. The journey started Saturday night, continued all day Sunday, and stretched into Monday. The containers had to be re-packaged with every province it crossed. According to Google Maps, a northbound drive from Shenzhen to Beijing goes through four provinces.

In retrospect, it was a blessing the equipment, to say nothing of the teams, hustled out of Shenzhen before Typhoon Mangkhut roared through the southern city.

“Let’s hope all the hiccups are behind us,” said Bruce Cassidy, whose glass is perpetually half-full. “Certainly the weather was. Wow, that was something else too. That’s not something anybody can control. We got lucky. I feel bad for the people that are still back there.”

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So instead of traveling by air, the heavy stuff had to be driven over 1,300 miles from Shenzhen to Beijing. The journey started Saturday night, continued all day Sunday, and stretched into Monday. The containers had to be re-packaged with every province it crossed. According to Google Maps, a northbound drive from Shenzhen to Beijing goes through four provinces.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

"The Bruins are putting in their third goalie! Oh no!!"

Music: Dun Dun Dun Duuuunnnnnnnn, Dun Dun Dun Duunnnnnnnnnnnnn

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

And I'm sure there are more where that came from. :laugh::help:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I certainly echo all of this. I accomplished most of my things I wanted to do.

I found the Chinese version of Uber to be efficient ( It is called DiDi) and the app in Bejing has an English interface, not so in Shenzhen, but the drivers are insane. The subways in both cities are very efficient and the bullet train is another universe compared to the US and Canada.

Is there any real interest in the games? No not really - @Terrier it reminds me of BU playing Cornell at MSG every 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad