OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
This definitely won't be to everyone's musical tastes, but these guys put on a heck of a show

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
This definitely won't be to everyone's musical tastes, but these guys put on a heck of a show
Thanks for sharing – I love this. Speaks to my Irish, Scottish, and yet unabashed Yankee American roots (even though the band's Canadian).

In a similar vein, I give you the woman I consider the most talented performer today, Irish/African-American performer Rhiannon Giddens, originally of Carolina Chocolate Drops fame:

And as a special bonus, her in a duet with Tom Jones:
YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: UnSandvich

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
BRILLIANT f***ing artist. I'm sure many of us have had that barroom conversation about "best albums of all time" and So is up there with greats like Full Moon Fever, Graceland, Led Zeppelin IV and half the catalog of The Beatles (among many others).

So is a great album, as is "Us". As of now those are my 2 favorites of his.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Yes. VERY DIFFERENT from what you'd expect. Super atmospheric and not at all angry. Wonderful background music for me as a writer, but not most people's cup of tea, I would expect.
Yeah I checked it out. All the Ghosts albums are very ambient. I prefer their harder stuff but I will always check out what Trent is up to.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm a big metalcore fan, Trivium is awesome. I saw them at the Paramount last year and it was a blast! I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 new singles though, what do you think? IMO its not on the same level as the sin and the sentence material.

Any other metalcore fans out there? Let me know some lesser known bands to check out if you have any recommendations !!!

Have not listened to the new singles yet, but plan to get the album. Haven't had a chance to see them live yet. :( I tend to like their older material more, Embers to Inferno, Ascendancy, Shogun, In Waves.

Some recommendations, you might know these already perhaps? August Burns Red, Misery Signals (particularly the album Controller), and War of Ages. You probably know Parkway Drive.

I also like from other sub-genres Insomnium and Chimaira.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
A stark difference between the Peter Gabriel-fronted Genesis and Phil Collins iteration. I still have to listen to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I really enjoy Peter Gabriel's solo material, but haven't been able to get into his Genesis era music.

Not all too big on Genesis in general, but this song is just everything I love in a song, the melody, the build up throughout the song, the sheer professionality of educated musicians, the solos in the song, holy mother, and that iconic hippie touch, I get from this tune.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
450px-Kiss-live-at-allphones-arena-070.jpg

Who are your favorite NYC bands? I like:

Talking Heads
VU
Beastie Boys
The Strokes
NY Dolls
Sonic Youth
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Interpol
Television
KIϟϟ - my least favorite on this list, but they're very visual so they make good pics.

There's Television, and then everybody else on your list.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I was supposed to see these bands and live events in the future and or were already postponed, Mike Herrera solo show of MXPX, Bad Religion, Impractical Jokers Podcast, Less Than Jake with Lagwagon Bouncing Souls, New Found Glory with Simple Plan, Green Day with Weezer, Interrupters, Spose with Watsky, Grieves with PMO, Anti Flag acoustic and regular set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad