OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of my recent projects and I've got the first half of it pretty much figured out is how to play Joy Division's New Dawn Fades--there's a recent guitar lesson posted by this English guy at anyonecanplayguitar on Youtube.

Reactions: egelband and nyrage

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
One of my recent projects and I've got the first half of it pretty much figured out is how to play Joy Division's New Dawn Fades--there's a recent guitar lesson posted by this English guy at anyonecanplayguitar on Youtube.

Have you been to any of Peter Hook's shows? Always a lot of fun. I've seen him several times now. I new his New Order sets, but the Joy Division ones are incredible even if he's not the best singer. Just to hear those tunes live is amazing.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Sean Lennon is John & Yoko's son (you can probably tell by the voice), and Les Claypool is well...Les Claypool

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Have you been to any of Peter Hook's shows? Always a lot of fun. I've seen him several times now. I new his New Order sets, but the Joy Division ones are incredible even if he's not the best singer. Just to hear those tunes live is amazing.

No I haven't. I've seen Hook on youtube doing JD songs. He tries too hard IMO to mimic Curtis on at least some of them. I think he'd be better off just letting fly in that regard or let someone else in his band do that. I do have Peter's book Unknown Pleasures (titled after the album) which is about his younger days up until Curtis's death. That's really good.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Pearl Jam - Gigaton dropped today... I haven't listened to it yet despite my avatar (personal reasons) but will later so I can't comment on how it is

It's good. I absolutely love the first three songs--Who Ever Said, Superblood Wolfmoon and Dance of the Clairvoyants. I think overall it's a better album than Lightning Bolt and Backspacer.

Reactions: Riche16

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It's good. I absolutely love the first three songs--Who Ever Said, Superblood Wolfmoon and Dance of the Clairvoyants. I think overall it's a better album than Lightning Bolt and Backspacer.
Heard that the drums on Clairvoyants were actual drums and not a drum machine as it sounds.

But Matt Cameron gunna Matt Cameron

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This guy has some great vids. Siouxsie and the Banshees, New Order, Pixies, T. Rex.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Matt Heafy of Trivium covers I Saw A Tiger from Tiger King

Matthew Kiichichaos Heafy | Trivium | Joe Exotic …:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Two mashups that are fun.

1. Bill McClintock is very talented with this stuff. Below is Slayer and The B-52s. It'll make you smile and laugh.

2. Someone took KK Slider from Animal Crossing and mixed him with the rapping from Ice Cube's "Today Was A Good Day" It's seamless

westy51

Jan 7, 2007
Explosions in the Sky......they are on the soundtracks of a lot of Peter Berg's films (Friday Night Lights and Lone Survivor). Very melodic and it's great background music as there is no singing.

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place (2003) (Full Album)

My favorite song

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anyone here listen to Trivium? Matt Heafy has been playing the albums by himself on Twitch.

I'm a big metalcore fan, Trivium is awesome. I saw them at the Paramount last year and it was a blast! I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 new singles though, what do you think? IMO its not on the same level as the sin and the sentence material.

Any other metalcore fans out there? Let me know some lesser known bands to check out if you have any recommendations !!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad