OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I've got mountains of 90s/00s alt-rock on my computer, I can put together a pretty decently long list of albums if you're interested. But to keep it to the point right now, I've been listening to this a bunch lately

I saw them two years ago at MSG. Great show. Had a younger girl come on to me during ‘This Is the One’. I had to show her my wedding ring, and told her I appreciated the compliment.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I saw them two years ago at MSG. Great show. Had a younger girl come on to me during ‘This Is the One’. I had to show her my wedding ring, and told her I appreciated the compliment.
old man jas got game y

altho This Is the One is the type of song that does that to chicks

f*** i wanted to go that concert so bad but it was bad timing for me.

not making that mistake with paul simon who is performing during his retirement tour at prudential on my birthday.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
old man jas got game y

altho This Is the One is the type of song that does that to chicks

**** i wanted to go that concert so bad but it was bad timing for me.

not making that mistake with paul simon who is performing during his retirement tour at prudential on my birthday.

My brother had an extra ticket since someone baked out, so I drove, and paid for parking at the Secaucus exchange, but the ticket was free.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
America is a good choice

although i think the boxer is the best song simon wrote with garfunkel

America hits me a little harder emotionally. It makes me want to travel. The line "counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike" gets me every damn time. The Only Living Boy in New York is great, too. And, Cecilia is such a joyous noise.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
One of soo many beach boys gems

I'm going to sound like the grumpy old man, but, IMO, the best pop music remains written and performed in the sixties. I know it was a different time, but, for all of the great advances in technology, so many of those songs just sound better.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
America hits me a little harder emotionally. It makes me want to travel. The line "counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike" gets me every damn time. The Only Living Boy in New York is great, too. And, Cecilia is such a joyous noise.
both songs make me bawl

i’m not afraid to admit it :laugh:

my favorite versions of both songs though are from the live performance he did with the Jessey dixon group in i wann sayyyyy 1972ish?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
both songs make me bawl

i’m not afraid to admit it :laugh:

my favorite versions of both songs though are from the live performance he did with the Jessey dixon group in i wann sayyyyy 1972ish?

You really are an old soul. C'mon, let me show you what good country sounds like. Then, I can show you how incredible Sinatra is.

Reactions: Bozle

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I almost went to that too, and I regret just deciding not to go. Also, not married over here, but I was out at a bar with a girl and I was wearing a Stone Roses sweatshirt and a British girl came up to me to tell me about how much she loves them and how great the show was and I got so into that conversation that it just ruined the night for everyone :dunno:

Reactions: jas

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm going to sound like the grumpy old man, but, IMO, the best pop music remains written and performed in the sixties. I know it was a different time, but, for all of the great advances in technology, so many of those songs just sound better.
Yeah I’m totally with you on that one. I’ve been in a big Zombies phase lately and I was thinking about this just the other day. They have so many great songs that sound so good today still, but I’m not sure they’d work as well if they were modern and ultra clean sounding. The fuzz and the warm sound kind of make the songs.

Reactions: Bozle

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Yeah I’m totally with you on that one. I’ve been in a big Zombies phase lately and I was thinking about this just the other day. They have so many great songs that sound so good today still, but I’m not sure they’d work as well if they were modern and ultra clean sounding. The fuzz and the warm sound kind of make the songs.

Put of it, I think is that the better producers of the era made the most of what they had, whereas there's so much technology at the fingertips of today's producers, the sound almost sounds artificial.

Reactions: haveandare

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
was looking for dylan interviews on youtube

stunbled upon some videos saying that dylan “sold his soul” to the devil to become famous

the comments are even worse than the videos

i want to die

Reactions: haveandare

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Shelter are playing Brooklyn Bazaar on June 2nd. They were one of my favorite bands in high school, my best friend made me a tape of their first album in 1993 and I loved them ever since. Mantra, which I think came out in 1995 may be my favorite album ever. Today on YouTube it suggested a full concert someone posted of theirs from last year at a hardcore festival in Philly and they sounded amazing.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Only listened to a little bit cuz my phone was being gay but your flow/wordplay in Pronto is Kanye-esque (not sure how you feel about Kanye but from me I’d consider that a YUUUUGE compliment)

looking forward to listening in full when i have wifi

Appreciate that, my guy. I tend to think I'm way less egotistical to Ye, lolol. Let me know what you think on the rest!! :thumbu:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Shelter are playing Brooklyn Bazaar on June 2nd. They were one of my favorite bands in high school, my best friend made me a tape of their first album in 1993 and I loved them ever since. Mantra, which I think came out in 1995 may be my favorite album ever. Today on YouTube it suggested a full concert someone posted of theirs from last year at a hardcore festival in Philly and they sounded amazing.

Still not sure why I didn't become a Buddhist in high school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad