OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Apparently there's lot of overlap between people who listen to metal and people who listen to classical music. That's like, as cultured as you can get in music.

I hear a lot of similarities between metal and classical.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Apparently there's lot of overlap between people who listen to metal and people who listen to classical music. That's like, as cultured as you can get in music.

Doesn't get any better than Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. And speaking of metal meets classical...

[collapse=lolgottapoop][/collapse]

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
On another note, I consider myself a metalhead and I love "traditional" metal but I also like metalcore which is the one subgenre that has been exiled and now has it's own base.

Now I don't fit in with the rest of the metalheads and I don't fit in with the metalcore people who don't care about Pantera. I'm musically lonely :(

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Doesn't get any better than Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. And speaking of metal meets classical...

2 bands called Viper and Andre Matos did a rendition of Moonlight Sonata. I'll post it later.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
On another note, I consider myself a metalhead and I love "traditional" metal but I also like metalcore which is the one subgenre that has been exiled and now has it's own base.

Now I don't fit in with the rest of the metalheads and I don't fit in with the metalcore people who don't care about Pantera. I'm musically lonely :(

Yeah, but metal is not about fitting in, that's the beauty of it. I'm an outcast musically to almost everybody, but I don't care because I love the music I listen to. :yo:

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Debating seeing them in NY this coming Monday.

I saw them twice a few years back in the UK. Both times Anton did a little of his "**** you guys I'm a rockstar" type stuff. I kind of assumed it was all an act after he did it the second time around too.

Dunno if he's mellowed out a bit these days though.

Still, great shows both of them. You can expect pretty great support acts too.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
As far as best band name goes, I don't think you can beat "Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin." Their music's pretty good too.

Japan abounds with absolutely silly band names... whether they are good names is another matter... but just off the top of my head there is "Bump of Chicken" and "Mr. Children"

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Good song with a Witcher Man-esque music video. Interested to hear the whole album. I'm not as into Radiohead as my girlfriend is, but I'm sure I'll hear the entire thing at least twice :laugh:

I like hearing Jonny's composing background infiltrating the songs.

I've always been more a casual Radiohead fan, honestly, but I think I'll like this record if the one released so far is any indication.

I haven't kept up too much with new music lately. I've been really into The Sugarcubes this week. I've had a few people telling me the new Weezer was really good, but they're another band I was never heavily into.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
for all you metal fans out there, what id say is the best progressive metal band youve probably never heard of unless you live in Australia... just listen. the growls/singing, the heavy/melodic, i think its all covered in this one song. then check the full album out.

i think it was Placid who mentioned Tame Impala. so much yes! if anyone wants some new, undergroundish prog metal, send me a PM and ill take some suggestions from anyone as well. always looking for new music!

[collapse=text][/collapse]

ok....dont knwo how to collapse the actual video apparently. whoops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008

Here are the other Moonlight Sonata songs. Not exactly the song itself, but influenced by it. Singer in both is Andre Matos.

[collapse=Moonlight]

[/collapse]

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, but metal is not about fitting in, that's the beauty of it. I'm an outcast musically to almost everybody, but I don't care because I love the music I listen to. :yo:

Yeah that's very true, but even though metal is all about being a strong individual, which is why it's awesome, it's also a great community. I like the identity of being a metalhead. "I listen to metal." It's straight to the point and I'm proud of it. Of course, some people think you're not allowed to say that when you listen to The Devil Wears Prada and Bullet For My Valentine, but it was always metal to me. Whatever gives you that feeling -you know the one- that's metal.

Here are the other Moonlight Sonata songs. Not exactly the song itself, but influenced by it. Singer in both is Andre Matos.

[collapse=Moonlight]

[/collapse]

Very cool, man. Thanks! :yo:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Kevin Hayes ‏@KevinPHayes12
Justin Timberlake's new jam is unreal #CantStopTheFeeling

Ross is the ****ing worst, man. :laugh:

:cry:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Speaking of Titus Andronicus----a few years back around St. Patrick's day the Pogues were playing their last ever dates in the United States and being a long time fan I went to see them at Terminal 5 and Titus Andronicus opened for them. I never even had heard of them but they were easily the best band that night.

Though there is this--Titus' singer/songwriter is a Devils fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad