OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Some people say that some punk rock bands recorded short songs. That may be true, but short (3 minutes and under) songs are common in non-punk rock. Here's a few:

Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young - one of the best classic rock songs ever
We Will Rock You - Queen
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
Waterloo - ABBA
Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Yesterday - The Beatles
Teenagers - My Chemical Romance
Everyday - Bon Jovi
So What - Metallica
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Fire Your Guns - AC/DC
Breaking Glass - David Bowie

When I think of short songs, I think of Elvis Costello's Welcome to the Working Week, clocking in at 1 minute 23 seconds.

Reactions: Rongomania

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
I’ve been listening to radio interviews on YouTube from WFDU out of Teaneck. The show is called the Vintage Rock & Pop Show hosted by Ghosty. There are quite a few shows about the Beatles. One of the most interviews is with an author of the book The Beatles and the Historians. It looks at how authors constructed the Beatle mythology. No one individual was more destructive than Wenner. Wenner conducted the interview with Lennon where Lennon savaged everyone. Wenner maintained that narrative even though Lennon later admits to lying in the interview. Wenner is basically a lowlife *******.
I was working third shift when Lennon died and I was devastated.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
When I think of short songs, I think of Elvis Costello's Welcome to the Working Week, clocking in at 1 minute 23 seconds.
Great song. Joe Jackson is also good. I think Elvis C and Stevie Wonder are the 2 best pop singer/songwriters since Elvis C started. Less than Zero is so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Insomnium, Amon Amarth, and Chimaira during my commutes in the car to and from work lately. Those three again plus Lamb of God and Parkway Drive during my workouts.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Didn't know him well, other than as his classmate, but he might have been the best at math in the class.

The one thing that irritates me the most about him and the NHL is their denial that head injuries from the game have led to all kinds of heath issues---depression, parkinson's, CTE, etc. etc. + several early deaths/suicides---when they obviously do. He acts almost like you'd expect a corporation CEO or the upper management when one of their employees comes to them with an on the job injury. They blame the victim and exonerate themselves of all blame. It seems to me that he has a choice and that he can be so much better than that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

New TAA fusing metal and pop and it's actually f***ing good.

Can't say Australia never did anything for me.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Check out the 'What are you listening to part2"thread in the entertainment section for my Bill Laswell project list.Dailey posts with a youtube clip.It goes all the way back to the old thread.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The Beatles are metal af
So are Simon & Garfunkel. Both groups' lyrics ended up to be amongst the most honest mainstream music had to offer at the time.

Metal, when not about mythology, is every bit as honest as Rap can be.

While Disturbed cracked the surface a bit, I'd love to hear a talented Rap artist, or Rap-ist for short, do S&G some justice.

Reactions: Machinehead

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Thought it's silly name calling at this point. MGK said Em has a weird beard and Em said he had a man bun....

giphy.gif

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Insomnium, Amon Amarth, and Chimaira during my commutes in the car to and from work lately. Those three again plus Lamb of God and Parkway Drive during my workouts.

If you like Insomnium, check out Ne Obliviscaris if you have a little longer attention span. They make work commutes go by a little quicker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->