Pre-Game Talk: ♥♥ Game #55: Canucks @ Flames || Saturday February 14th 2♥15 || 7PM PST ♥♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Couldn't agree more. We aren't even into the real important stretch of the season to push for the playoffs yet. If Lack isn't getting games now, he sure as hell isn't getting them later.

Trade Lack so he can actually fulfill his career somewhere.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Being Valentine's Day, I thought a cheesy harlequin romance novel should be in order.
Rhonda575-flaming-heart-sm-225x300-226.jpg

They say 'old flames can sometimes burn twice'; let's see if the same applies to old rivalries.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Why the **** are we playing Miller on a back to back? Especially when he hasn't played that well as of late.

What a joke

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I Think Lack starts Monday against Minnesota. Miller plays better against Pacific teams than central teams so I can see why they did it this way. You guys are over the top with your reactions. Miller didn't see a lot of action last night and it's not uncommon for teams to play their starting goalie in back to backs.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I think Lack is about to be moved and Benning doesn't want him to get injured. Only thing I can think of.

This would be such a bad move right now. They've been riding Miller like a rented mule all year and Markstrom is still a risky backup. If we trade Lack and Miller gets injured or struggles due to fatigue we are pooched.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
He hasn't thus far, what makes you think that he will get more starts as we go down the stretch drive and every game means more and more?

13 starts is pretty good for a backup at this point in the season. Willie is treating Miler-Lack as a true starter-backup tandem not a 1A-1B that we've been used to for the last few seasons.

Lack will start around 20-22 games when the season is all said and done.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
13 starts is pretty good for a backup at this point in the season. Willie is treating Miler-Lack as a true starter-backup tandem not a 1A-1B that we've been used to for the last few seasons.

Lack will start around 20-22 games when the season is all said and done.

That's precisely why you should be worried.

Miller is not a 60 game starter.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Couldn't agree more. We aren't even into the real important stretch of the season to push for the playoffs yet. If Lack isn't getting games now, he sure as hell isn't getting them later.

Trade Lack so he can actually fulfill his career somewhere.

I see these type of comments a lot when it comes to players people perceive are not getting a big enough role. They blow my mind!!!:snakehead

Why the heck would we move a useful support player of any kind just to give them a chance to fulfill their career elsewhere? Even if they are the 13th forward, the 8th defensemen, the 3rd goalie, and they are an asset to the team, they are a valuable piece of our puzzle. Just to move them on to "give them there shot in their career" makes no sense to me at all.

Huge pet peeve of mine.

Move them on because they don't fit here, move them because they are a cancer, move them to get another asset we need more; but please do not move anyone to help them out, if they are contributing to the team success or depth in any way. Depth is tough to com by- Hold onto it. And when their time comes, their contract is running out, we can no longer hold onto to them, manage the asset (the player) by trading him at the appropriate time.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I see these type of comments a lot when it comes to players people perceive are not getting a big enough role. They blow my mind!!!:snakehead

Why the heck would we move a useful support player of any kind just to give them a chance to fulfill their career elsewhere? Even if they are the 13th forward, the 8th defensemen, the 3rd goalie, and they are an asset to the team, they are a valuable piece of our puzzle. Just to move them on to "give them there shot in their career" makes no sense to me at all.

Huge pet peeve of mine.

Move them on because they don't fit here, move them because they are a cancer, move them to get another asset we need more; but please do not move anyone to help them out, if they are contributing to the team success or depth in any way. Depth is tough to com by- Hold onto it. And when their time comes, their contract is running out, we can no longer hold onto to them, manage the asset (the player) by trading him at the appropriate time.

It was more of a joke than anything. It obviously makes no sense to just trade a good depth player, or backup goalie just so he can go and have a good chance elsewhere...that's not how you win in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad