Post-Game Talk: ★ Young Stars Tournament ☆ Game 1: Calgary 5 - Edmonton 2 FINAL

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So who stood out?

I thought our blueline was really good. With so much hype around the Oilers defense I thought the Flames looked to have a deeper blueline

Poirier and Sieloff looked pretty good in the third. Missed the first two periods.

Didn't seem like there was much chemistry between the Oilers defense pairings. Nurse and Klefbom together was especially bad.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
It was Culkin saving the day I believe.

mc2.jpg

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Poirier and Sieloff looked pretty good in the third. Missed the first two periods.

Didn't seem like there was much chemistry between the Oilers defense pairings. Nurse and Klefbom together was especially bad.

Yeah but Ramage and Kanzig were doing some good things too

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Ironic too since they are expected to share the same line when they both turn pro.

Good game by the Flames. :handclap:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
It was Culkin? Sweet!

I heard about his beauty on Brossoit. He's gonna turn some heads

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Oilers had a terrible offense. thats what happens when you draft for bottom six grinders instead of bpa

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
So who stood out?

I thought our blueline was really good. With so much hype around the Oilers defense I thought the Flames looked to have a deeper blueline

Granlund was the most noticeable. Ferland had a solid game but didn't see much ice time(?). Correct me if I'm wrong but Wotherspoon had a quite night (or maybe that's a good thing). Monahan had some great positioning tonight.

The entire game is what the Battle of Alberta should be like: lot's of penalties and lot's of scrums after a frozen puck.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
It goes to show dead last finishes won't help you draft in later rounds. Hell, even their first round guys weren't the best players on the ice.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
So who stood out?

Big fan of the play I saw from Granlund, Poirier, and to a lesser extent Reinhart. I also loved what Sieloff was doing in the third.

To be fair, they have really different styles of play.

Last edited:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Speaking of bulking up..there is absolutely no way that Hunter Shinkaruk weighs in at the 180 pounds he is listed at. I have been watching the Canucks/Sharks game and he looks extremely frail in his equipment. In saying that he does posses a very dynamic skillset though.

Horvat looks really strong for them. I like that pick for them.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Speaking of bulking up..there is absolutely no way that Hunter Shinkaruk weighs in at the 180 pounds he is listed at. I have been watching the Canucks/Sharks game and he looks extremely frail in his equipment. In saying that he does posses a very dynamic skillset though.

Horvat looks really strong for them. I like that pick for them.

Personally I think they're the two most skilled forwards at this tournament. If Vancouver didn't keep taking penalties, they could be winning this game.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You think Horvat is more skilled than the likes of Baertschi, Scheifele, Monahan, Petan etc..?

To me that's a stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad