GDT: ★ Dallas Stars vs Pittsburgh Penguins ★ 7:30PM CST ★ FS-SW ★

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Game Summary: things happened, Jamie Benn is a beast, Pittsburgh doesn't show up till the third period, Kari had a great game, Stars win but it doesn't help us in any way.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Game Summary: things happened, Jamie Benn is a beast, Pittsburgh doesn't show up till the third period, Kari had a great game, Stars win but it doesn't help us in any way.

That was actually was of the most entertaining games of the year in my eyes. I miss the nasty games like that. Felt like 10 years ago.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
That was actually was of the most entertaining games of the year in my eyes. I miss the nasty games like that. Felt like 10 years ago.

I can see that. Hostility, truculence and pugnacity a plenty in that game for sure. Roussel was his normal self, Benn wasn't taking any prisoners, McKenzie had a nice little skirmish and even Goli had a few nice hip checks (not quiet Corey Perry level but I'll take them nonetheless).

I just can't seem to enjoy games when the Stars are in situations like this. Win or lose, I seem to find myself hate watching late in the season when nothing is on the line but draft odds.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I can see that. Hostility, truculence and pugnacity a plenty in that game for sure. Roussel was his normal self, Benn wasn't taking any prisoners, McKenzie had a nice little skirmish and even Goli had a few nice hip checks (not quiet Corey Perry level but I'll take them nonetheless).

I just can't seem to enjoy games when the Stars are in situations like this. Win or lose, I seem to find myself hate watching late in the season when nothing is on the line but draft odds.

"Pugnacity" and "hate watching". Well played sir.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Refs called that game extremely well and cleanly, I thought. About as good of a game as you can expect from them.

Benn is just a monster when he wants to be. What a game from him.

As I've said before, I'm always happy to see my team win, but the benefit of a loss makes its sting almost nothing. So I'm just enjoying the entertaining hockey the Stars have put on as of late, and I'm just along for the ride, wherever we end up.

Great game to watch. :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens fan here. Used to live in Dallas. Just wanted to say I still love Razor. Best color guy in hockey. :handclap:

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
What a great game.
Had friends from work that went, would have went, but down in The Woodlands visiting family.
Hope we keep it up. I know the draft is important and all, but I like winning. lol

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
"Pugnacity" and "hate watching". Well played sir.
:cheers:

What a great game.
Had friends from work that went, would have went, but down in The Woodlands visiting family.
Hope we keep it up. I know the draft is important and all, but I like winning. lol

:laugh: Much better attitude then the rest of us have, I'm jealous. Don't let the rest of us cynics infect you!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I knew it wouldn't be long before the tank mentality came back :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad