Deslauriers - Ellis - Dalpe

Weber - Ristolainen
Zadorov - Meszaros
Benoit - Strachan

Lindback
Hackett

Injured: Party Kane 2.0, Gorges, Girgensons, Bogosian, Kaleta

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

RIP 2014-15 Season --- Friday the 13th of February, 2015.

tyler_seguin_injury_knee_kulikov_hit.jpg

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What a lineup we're facing.

Absolutely no excuse for a loss here.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I know Ruff is playing the hot hand with goalies but we have to give Enroth at least 5 of the last 10 games here to know what we really got in him. Today would have been the perfect time to put him in.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Simple yet elegant GDT.
And can someone please explain the logic of playing Kari over Jhonas tonight? Guess the organization already decided on not keeping Jhonas for next year if they continue to sit him out when we're clearly out of it.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Simple yet elegant GDT.
And can someone please explain the logic of playing Kari over Jhonas tonight?

The logic is that we'd like to get as many points in the regular season as possible, while still missing the playoffs. It's worked so well for us, so why stop now?

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
The logic is that we'd like to get as many points in the regular season as possible, while still missing the playoffs. It's worked so well for us, so why stop now?

Considering it's a lost season, management should be looking into next season and part of that is having to know whether Jhonas is a good fit here or not.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Considering it's a lost season, management should be looking into next season and part of that is having to know whether Jhonas is a good fit here or not.

You don't have to convince me. I'm baffled by and annoyed with managment.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
They probably still think they have an outside chance that our mule rides us to victory like the Hamburglar is doing for Ottawa.

Oh well, at least The Great Garbino isn't getting ice time.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Sabres fan here, Why is seguin on the wing and has he been there alot this year? I thought he has been at his best in center. Just curious.

Also please win in regulation. :)

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

Actually, if your team would be so kind as to win in regulation so that we don't get stuck with The 13th OA pick, that'd be awesome.

Seguin is on the wing because his knee is still not well.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Actually, if your team would be so kind as to win in regulation so that we don't get stuck with The 13th OA pick, that'd be awesome.

Seguin is on the wing because his knee is still not well.

You guys are in the crouse, provonov, barzal area though? But i guess at this point no one wants to win anymore :laugh:. Thanks for the seguin update.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Sabres fan here, Why is seguin on the wing and has he been there alot this year? I thought he has been at his best in center. Just curious.

He plays right wing from time to time, its not that uncommon. If Dallas wants an added scoring punch than Spezza will play center and Segs will flank him. If they want a better defensive first line, than Eakin will play between Benn and Segs.

I think Seguin's knee injury has something to do with it in this instance, Seguin isn't 100% right now and won't be for the rest of the year. You may as well lower his responsibilities and chances of getting re-injured by playing on the wing. He is both an excellent center and an equally excellent winger in my opinion (but I do prefer him at center).

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
He plays right wing from time to time, its not that uncommon. If Dallas wants an added scoring punch than Spezza will play center and Segs will flank him. If they want a better defensive first line, than Eakin will play between Benn and Segs.

I think Seguin's knee injury has something to do with it in this instance, Seguin isn't 100% right now and won't be for the rest of the year. You may as well lower his responsibilities and chances of getting re-injured by playing on the wing. He is both an excellent center and an equally excellent winger in my opinion (but I do prefer him at center).

I know the stars want to make the playoffs but when your franchise player isn't 100% at this point in the season and in the position they are in why play him and risk further injury? It's like Hall and edm. Just sit them out.

Thanks for the info.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I know the stars want to make the playoffs but when your franchise player isn't 100% at this point in the season and in the position they are in why play him and risk further injury? It's like Hall and edm. Just sit them out.

Thanks for the info.

People who think they know what is happening believe all the nonsense has given Seguin a complex and he needs to change the conversation about him by playing no matter what.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box

Thanks for the info.

I think Seguin is just too a fierce competitor, I don't think you want to tell him to watch from the press box when he feels he should be playing. I think benching him would just be really bad for player moral and that might have lingering effects on offseason workouts and even bleed into next year. Personally, I like the way they are handling him, I wouldn't change a think about his recovery process.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I hate hockey

i love hockey, my favorite parts are slashing penalties.

Sometimes a rapscallion will try to be nefarious and strike an opposing player in the legs, but the referee is there to put up his hand and mightily blow his whistle thus saving the day from what would otherwise surely turn into a crisis. Oh boy, I get so happy when this happens that I yell out “take a seat you dirty scoundrelâ€, my pet turtle enjoys this immensely. OMG I get so jealous of referees, they are the real heroes! Do you think they will put “Be a Referee Mode†in the next NHL game? I think I speak for everyone here when I say “get on it EA Sportsâ€.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Fair enough sorry to derail thread. Good luck tonight!

Not derailing anything, it's a GDT so anything hockey related is fair game here. :)

This team isn't going to quit until we're mathematically eliminated. To these guys, there's still a chance. I can't blame any of them for trying.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Managed to finish a quick article on Garbutt before puckdrop. He's probably going to be scratched again- his days are numbered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad