Speculation: ★ 2017 Offseason Thread ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, but far less days until the coach firing season, the expansion draft, the draft, and the UFA period, not to mention, trades can happen anytime.

Seems like it will be far more interesting than the last actual season!

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I've got mixed feelings about it. I know it's time to go, but I've always liked Ruff. I guess it depends who replaces him

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I liked Ruff as well. Made his fair share of mistakes, but I'm sad to see him go. Hope we bring in the right replacement.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I can't see any reason why Fraser or Patrick would still have jobs if Ruff doesn't

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, thank god Ruff is gone.

He never seemed to take any responsibility for this season. I'm sure he did at several points, but there was a hefty amount of ref-blaming, and I distinctly remember him calling out Benn at least once, which I remember not being Jamie's fault.

Regardless, it's time for us to move on from the entire coaching staff. Probably going to be another several weeks before we really know what candidates are out there for a replacement.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
From the DMN

Nill said assistant coach James Patrick (in charge of defensemen and the penalty kill) will not be retained. He said assistant coach Curt Fraser (in charge of forwards and the power play) would get a chance to interview with the new head coach. Nill also said goaltending coach Jeff Reese and video coach Kelly Forbes would be back.

Not for sure Fraser coming back, but sounds like Nil is in between wanting him back and making sure the new head coach has his say. Patrick could have been coach in charge of tire fires, Fraser had to deal with the injuries, so maybe Nill feels like it wasn't his fault.

I thought there was a comment from Campbell after he went to LA that he never saw Reese, and goalies seem to die when they hit Dallas, so that is curious. See no reason to fire the video coach.....

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
From the DMN

Nill said assistant coach James Patrick (in charge of defensemen and the penalty kill) will not be retained. He said assistant coach Curt Fraser (in charge of forwards and the power play) would get a chance to interview with the new head coach. Nill also said goaltending coach Jeff Reese and video coach Kelly Forbes would be back.

Not for sure Fraser coming back, but sounds like Nil is in between wanting him back and making sure the new head coach has his say. Patrick could have been coach in charge of tire fires, Fraser had to deal with the injuries, so maybe Nill feels like it wasn't his fault.

I thought there was a comment from Campbell after he went to LA that he never saw Reese, and goalies seem to die when they hit Dallas, so that is curious. See no reason to fire the video coach.....

Unless he didn't rewind the video...:D:naughty:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Hopefully Sharp, Hemsky, and Hudler all retire. At worst for me, I think Sharp re-signs for cheapsies and plays half the year, but I don't think any of them are really cut out for bottom 6 work.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
From the DMN

What does in charge of Forwards/defenceman even mean? Is he who chooses the forward lines with Ruff, or says who is going out next?

Stars have been pretty good for video reviews from what I remember so glad he is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad