Confirmed with Link: ‪Marlies‬ have signed Rich Clune to an ‪AHL‬ contract.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Excellent. Regardless of what he brings on the ice (which isn't NOTHING) his dressing room powers are clear.

Love me some Dickie.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Calling it right now... Dickie plays at least 1 game with the big club this year

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Calling it right now... Dickie plays at least 1 game with the big club this year

He would have to sign an NHL contract then and use one of the 50 slots. Maybe but I don't think so with Martin there now.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I like him in the AHL. Good to see the team being careful with NHL contracts.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Brought this up yesterday or the day before.

Dicky's a good dude. Good to see him back in Toronto, I hope he spends the rest of his career here in some shape or form.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Give this guy the C if Soupy isnt brought back after this season.

Wasnt dicky the captain of the marlies for a game or two when soups was in the show?

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Excellent. Regardless of what he brings on the ice (which isn't NOTHING) his dressing room powers are clear.

Love me some Dickie.

Honestly, he contributes on the ice (at least in the AHL.) He's not a dumb guy, has slightly above average speed, can make a pass, is willing to plant himself in front of the net... he's come a long way from the guy I saw come up with the Kings.

24 points in 49 regular season games, and then a goal and a couple assists in the playoffs... not to mention 5 assists with the Leafs. The guy absolutely did a bit more than "NOTHING" on the ice this season, and his defensive responsibility makes him far less of a liability on the ice than most of the guys he's played with.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, he contributes on the ice (at least in the AHL.) He's not a dumb guy, has slightly above average speed, can make a pass, is willing to plant himself in front of the net... he's come a long way from the guy I saw come up with the Kings.

24 points in 49 regular season games, and then a goal and a couple assists in the playoffs... not to mention 5 assists with the Leafs. The guy absolutely did a bit more than "NOTHING" on the ice this season, and his defensive responsibility makes him far less of a liability on the ice than most of the guys he's played with.

From what I've seen of him, he's a better hockey player than Orr or McLaren ever were, keeping in mind I did love those guys during some games. Mostly that 6-0 game against Montreal...

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
"Force my way into their plans":laugh:

The guy is gold. "Of the people"

"on the radio last week he told the kids to "train hard or Dickey Clune will be breathing down their necks".

Love his sense of humour, he has the right mix of humility, boastfulness and madness. Always a great interview.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
"Force my way into their plans":laugh:

The guy is gold. "Of the people"

"on the radio last week he told the kids to "train hard or Dickey Clune will be breathing down their necks".

Love his sense of humour, he has the right mix of humility, boastfulness and madness. Always a great interview.

And he calls himself Dickie:D

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013

surprising speed too. I think he got a real look this year for that 4 line goon spot and probably could have stuck if not for some bonehead penalties.

he is what he is though. I like the agitation angle, he throws people off their game, he can take the game to a chaotic place when you need a momentum shift. Sometimes none of that works though and hes completely ineffective or detriment.

in a selfish way, I am happy he is back for sound bites

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad