“There’s no way (the Golden Knights) are going to be a better team than us by the end of the season“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I'd rather people speak their mind, and say controversial things. Sometimes they look like heroes (Messier guaranteeing a win over New Jersey), and sometimes they look like duds like in this case. No guts, no glory.

I don't enjoy hearing "we try to play the game the right way, give a hunnerd and ten percent, play for each other, trust your teammates, take it a day at a time a play at a time, boring crap".

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I remember getting ripped last summer when I said that McPhee did a good job with the expansion draft.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
A quote by Drew Doughty in late 2017.

Flash forward, the Knights swept the Kings in the playoffs.

I realize no one saw this coming, but Doughty looks like a complete fool.

I'm sure he cares since he makes claims often. Im sure he's crying in his super car and in his mansion

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Why don't you guys post the quotes from Doughty from 2014 game 4 where he said the Sharks have fear in their eyes and they know the kings are gonna come back with vengeance.

Y'all as picky as f*** and then complain when players give the same sugarcoated answers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sorry. So many are obsessed with Doughty around here. It's like they're in love with him. What's the purpose of bringing up something a player said in the middle of the season?
The humorous irony of his prediction. It wasn't enough that LA finished lower in the standings at the end of the season but they also got swept by the same team he underrated. He was doubly wrong. That's amusing to people. Not that hard.

The problem is, there's so many great things you COULD say about Doughty that are pretty undeniable. Sticking on "bro he's so in your heads" is just...pathetic is too strong but it really doesn't have the kind of bite you guys seem to think it does.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The humorous irony of his prediction. It wasn't enough that LA finished lower in the standings at the end of the season but they also got swept by the same team he underrated. He was doubly wrong. That's amusing to people. Not that hard.

The problem is, there's so many great things you COULD say about Doughty that are pretty undeniable. Sticking on "bro he's so in your heads" is just...pathetic is too strong but it really doesn't have the kind of bite you guys seem to think it does.
I'm sorry I've hurt your sensibilities by pointing out the absolute silliness of making a thread about a quote in the middle of the season several weeks after the series is over and acting like you're not obsessed with him, lifetimer.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm sorry I've hurt your sensibilities by pointing out the absolute silliness of making a thread about a quote in the middle of the season several weeks after the series is over and acting like you're not obsessed with him, lifetimer.
b51.jpg

First off you haven't hurt anything. I wasn't the original poster you quoted. Second you guys were saying the same thing as the series was ending (also what's your definition of 'several weeks' the series ended 8 days ago. That's a week and change). Yeah it's a bit odd to bring it up NOW, but that doesn't change that the focus on him "being in people's heads" is a flat brag. He made a prediction and was dead wrong. Doughty has a history of having a big mouth and people took amusement out of this quote.

You've got one of the most talented if not the most talented defensemen in the league. You'd have to give me a lot of time to think of an active defenseman I'd consider taking over Doughty. Yet you guys pull this middle school level chirp of him "living in our heads" like we're so wounded. I can assure you, without speaking for everyone else, outside of Doughty's quote falling on its face encapsulating the satisfaction of beating the Kings, I really don't think about Drew nearly as often as you want to think. Let alone to say I'm obsessed.

I'm not even obsessed with players on my team. I have a beyond healthy appreciation for Marchesseault's talent but that's about it. But if I had to hazard to guess as to why others relish in this quote, the only way Drew is living in people's heads is the sheer amusement at how wrong he was. We can all appreciate and respect his pure talent and think it's hilarious when he makes an ass out of himself. They're not mutually exclusive.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
b51.jpg

First off you haven't hurt anything. I wasn't the original poster you quoted. Second you guys were saying the same thing as the series was ending (also what's your definition of 'several weeks' the series ended 8 days ago. That's a week and change). Yeah it's a bit odd to bring it up NOW, but that doesn't change that the focus on him "being in people's heads" is a flat brag. He made a prediction and was dead wrong. Doughty has a history of having a big mouth and people took amusement out of this quote.

You've got one of the most talented if not the most talented defensemen in the league. You'd have to give me a lot of time to think of an active defenseman I'd consider taking over Doughty. Yet you guys pull this middle school level chirp of him "living in our heads" like we're so wounded. I can assure you, without speaking for everyone else, outside of Doughty's quote falling on its face encapsulating the satisfaction of beating the Kings, I really don't think about Drew nearly as often as you want to think. Let alone to say I'm obsessed.

I'm not even obsessed with players on my team. I have a beyond healthy appreciation for Marchesseault's talent but that's about it. But if I had to hazard to guess as to why others relish in this quote, the only way Drew is living in people's heads is the sheer amusement at how wrong he was. We can all appreciate and respect his pure talent and think it's hilarious when he makes an ass out of himself. They're not mutually exclusive.
TdG7fVB.gif

It's basic psychology. "He hate me because he ain't me." Their amusement is based out of nothing more than pettiness ESPECIALLY coming from Sharks fans who conveniently forget Doughty got it right in 2014 when he declared the Sharks done after game 4. But that's fine, lifetimer. I still remember when you were a Ducks fan. ;)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
TdG7fVB.gif

It's basic psychology. "He hate me because he ain't me." Their amusement is based out of nothing more than pettiness ESPECIALLY coming from Sharks fans who conveniently forget Doughty got it right in 2014 when he declared the Sharks done after game 4. But that's fine, lifetimer. I still remember when you were a Ducks fan. ;)
I'm still a Ducks fan. If I could afford to just pick one I would. But I've been invested in a potential expansion process in Vegas for the whole decade I've lived here. It's hard not to support them especially after the way they brought the city together after the tragedy. But I'm not abandoning the team that made me develop a love for hockey either. Even if Carlyle and Murray are destroying the team by committee.

And fine. He's been right about predictions too. Hockey players aren't omniscient psychics. I think we all know that. But the potency of his language "no way they'll be better" and have things go the way they have is amusing. Like. He said it. People are gonna jab him for it for a little while, it is what it is.

You think people don't still give Kesler shit for saying "no human can withstand that many hits" about the same Chicago Blackhawks that beat his team? It's still a meme. Doughty meme'd himself and probably not even as memorably. It happens.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Doughty lives rent free in so many heads.
This is the newest trendy phrase. lol. I'm rather engaged across a few different hockey forums and groups and I really can't say that I've ever seen anyone bothered by Doughty. It's mostly just people calling him out for being a whiny idiot... lol

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
or just don't say a damn thing like every other NHL player. No one else made a fool of themselves.
The only people who think Doughty is a fool is HF. Why doesn't Doughty become like every other tight-lipped player in the league? He needs to be like all the other generic players in the league with the same bland comments. Yeah, he likes to talk but he has the hardware to prove it.

I'm just gonna wait for all his other comments when "he talked big" and did get shit done. Where are those comments?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The only people who think Doughty is a fool is HF. Why doesn't Doughty become like every other tight-lipped player in the league? He needs to be like all the other generic players in the league with the same bland comments. Yeah, he likes to talk but he has the hardware to prove it.

I'm just gonna wait for all his other comments when "he talked big" and did get **** done. Where are those comments?

This. apparently the line between a player mouthing off, or selflessly taking pressure off his team by distracting the media with his comments and taking on the burden, is whether that player is on your team.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

lawrence

May 19, 2012

I'm just gonna wait for all his other comments when "he talked big" and did get **** done. Where are those comments?

because every other player in the NHL have a certain degree of respect? I can name you 700 NHL players who didn't say anything stupid, this is not trash talking leauge, here, the NHL do have a lot of professional individuals who have nothing but the up most respect for their opponents or another player. It's one thing for Doughty or any NHL player to trash talk another player or team during a game, but it's one thing, to make Pejorative Slur out of yourself for saying what he did, and he had it coming.

that said if your a fan of that, great for you, but right now this topic is about the Vegas knights making him eat his own words. Poetic Justice at it's finest, a good laugh for all hockey fans, and yes he did make a fool out of himself.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Agreed.

People here whine about how players don't have any personality. Or how lucky they are to get paid so much money for playing a game. Then Doughty shows how much fun he has playing hockey and clearly has no filter in interviews and people get their knickers all in a twist about it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I find it so strange that Vegas fans are so cocky over their first season.

Regardless of how well your team is performing you still don't have a number one C and a D.

This season is nothing more than a long drawn out anomaly. Enjoy it and be humble.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
When the Kings and Knights played at Staples in late December, the winner would essentially end the night in first place in the division.

Vegas won in OT. Doughty said what he said.

You can either spin it with anti-Doughty bias and say he was crapping on Vegas or you could look at it as he fully believed in his own team since the Kings were just shy of 1st place after this OT game.

I'd go with a little bit of both but that isn't a hot enough take for HF.

Reactions: Legionnaire

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
A great defenceman, maybe even the best one at the moment. However, not a very great mind... probably resides quite deep in the left half of the Bell curve. Should be news to nobody.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->