“There’s no way (the Golden Knights) are going to be a better team than us by the end of the season“

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
A quote by a lot of HF posters in November............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in December............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in January..........."Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in February............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in March..........."Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in April............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Last season Sutter said something along the lines of "we're not going to let the Coyotes stand in our way of making the playoffs" during their push late in the season

They lost 3 in a row to Arizona all on home ice, granted i don't think the quote was before the 1st game but still..

Less quotes, more action LA

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
A quote by Drew Doughty in late 2017.

Flash forward, the Knights swept the Kings in the playoffs.

I realize no one saw this coming, but Doughty looks like a complete fool.

Would you rather he said:

"There is no way anyone on the Knights will have a bigger contract then my next one...I'm going to get paid what I'm worth"

He would be right, but would still look like a smug ass. Therefore you both win. Him with his money and you with the vendetta.

Feb 24, 2017
A quote by a lot of HF posters in November............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in December............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in January..........."Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in February............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in March..........."Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
A quote by a lot of HF posters in April............"Vegas will soon start to lose, cannot maintain".
You forgot all of October November and December was about how the evil MCPHEE had ruined the career and life of Saint Shipachyov, the hero that nhl fans both needed and deserved. And because of his brutal abuses of the Geneva convention towards young Angel Shipachyov, the beast of karma was going to crush dark overlord MCPHEE. And all Russians would leave the nhl rather than be on the same continent as MCPHEE THE TERRIBLE, and Vegas would start to lose.

Oct 18, 2011
Doughty was on the ice against them with a unique perspective and maintained his arrogance. He's a dum dum

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Big deal. Guy says they won’t be better. Should he have said they will be better?It’s an expansion team. No one saw this. Again, NHL looks stupid if anything, especially Bettman.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
It was a strange comment regardless of how it turned out because he was transfixed with another team's play instead of his own. But at the same time Doughty has always been challenged with words. At least he's really good at hockey.

Reactions: Daxi and lawrence

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He can't hear you, he has a Stanley cup ring in each ear.

In his ears lol I get what you're saying but that statement just does not work. And why would he not be able to hear? Rings wouldn't block any noise. Also doesnt help the claim that he is dumb

Reactions: I am not exposed

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
A quote by Drew Doughty in late 2017.

Flash forward, the Knights swept the Kings in the playoffs.

I realize no one saw this coming, but Doughty looks like a complete fool.

What is he supposed to say? Any competitive person should say what he said.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Trash talk is fine. I enjoy it. A major part of why I enjoy it is stuff like this: the spectacular reversal of the trash talker by reality.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
In his ears lol I get what you're saying but that statement just does not work. And why would he not be able to hear? Rings wouldn't block any noise. Also doesnt help the claim that he is dumb

It's a reference to one of the greatest comebacks among player feuds ever. Can't believe you haven't heard about Roy and his plugged ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad