“The Lightning won the cup but we all won, because there’s no more Pierre McGuire”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What a classless article. McGuire has provided some funny memes over the years and some awkward moments. But he is super knowledgeable and is a great announcer. Brings excitement to the game and has always been a stand up guy.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
People have an innate sense of who can be attacked, libeled and smeared at any given time in history. The safe targets.

Just like the clown who wrote the article, the people who attack him in this thread are just part of the herd.

People hate the person because he tells stories? :laugh:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Oh look, a deadspin article. Didn't even know it still existed, I regret clicking the link at all.

Pierre is an oddball but the guy knows and loves the game, I hope he catches on somehwere.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Pierre is a good passionate analyst. He loves Crosby a bit too much, but don't we all?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Translation: Whew! I'm still part of the herd! My beliefs are validated simply because other people feel the same way.

People reveal so much about themselves by what they say/write. :laugh:
Not part of any herd just find him super annoying and loud and how he carries on about certain players is too much for me. I'm sure some like him I don't myself.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Zombie Deadspin tries waaaaaaay too hard. It’s awful

it reads like a high school teenager trying to write like drew magery. Being edgy and cursing a lot, as if that what all the old deadspin writers were—forgetting it takes talent and charm to pull it off.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I've always liked Pierre because I can relate to him in some ways. Not always the most comfortable around people despite genuine efforts to be, knows a whole bunch of completely useless information because it just sort of getting soaked up by the sponge that is my brain when it comes to useless information (if it's in anyway useful, I'm much more likely to forget it)...about the only place Pierre tends to lose is me is when he goes on his unprovoked rants against analytics and his love for faceoffs (not that anyone said faceoffs in certain circumstances aren't important, it's just a general take). Other than that, I've always enjoyed what he has to say. Overzealous at times, to his own detriment? Yes. Nobody's perfect. His genuine enthusiasm for the sport is something I've always appreciated.

NightMist

Mar 18, 2021
Translation: Whew! I'm still part of the herd! My beliefs are validated simply because other people feel the same way.

People reveal so much about themselves by what they say/write. :laugh:
Translation of you: Whew! I'm still one of those super cool kids that believes my ideas are just so unique and I am a validated trailblazer and a maverick simply because I'm contrarian.

People reveal so much arrogance by what they say/write.

-signed,
I am a legend in my own mind

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Nice? Obviously you've never interacted with him.

Pretty much everyone has cited him as a self centered prick.

Who is everyone? I don't have many contacts in sports journalism, but I know one person who has interacted with him on many occasions, and their assessment wasn't generous but never "self centered prick".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->