“The Lightning won the cup but we all won, because there’s no more Pierre McGuire”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Don't celebrate yet. While McGuire is not part of the ESPN crew that was announced not long ago, there is still the TNT side of this US Deal that has yet to announce their crew. So you never know if he shows up there or not.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
jesus you'd think mcguire was a serial killer from all this bullshit. he's an awkward guy, but he's nice and he's knowledgeable. let it go
I disagree, I have heard that he's rude and its no coincidence that players he coached have consistently ripped him. He's definitely knowledgeable and passionate about hockey, but not always in a good way. A lot of times he comes off as arrogant when he names off where every player played junior or college hockey. I never like to see anyone lose their job, but I won't miss Pierre much.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Hating McGuire is a meme at this point. I suspect the writer of the article is a douche.

This is the first sentence of his Amazon write-up for his book:

I am sure it is very well-written.

I'm surprised they didn't write The fall and rise of the Chicago Hockey Team is legit the most literally dramatic in North American sports.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For a long time I viewed Pierre as creepy but ultimately harmless. Then he was a totally patronizing ass to Kendall Coyne Schofield, and I was pretty much done with him. I figure most major broadcasters will be at this point to. He’ll stay around the periphery as a part-time draft analyst or something.

I really hope ESPN or Turner hires him, that would be epic.
ESPN already announced their crew.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I disagree, I have heard that he's rude and its no coincidence that players he coached have consistently ripped him. He's definitely knowledgeable and passionate about hockey, but not always in a good way. A lot of times he comes off as arrogant when he names off where every player played junior or college hockey. I never like to see anyone lose their job, but I won't miss Pierre much.

yes, i’ve heard stories about what a dickface he was 25 years ago. what were you like 25 years ago?

i get what you’re saying about the arrogance, i think that’s more him constantly trying to prove his worth to everybody for whatever insecure reasons he has. annoying? sure, but i’ve never seen him do anything that justifies the hate he gets. it’s way over the top.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
QPYSTg4.gif

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
For a long time I viewed Pierre as creepy but ultimately harmless. Then he was a totally patronizing ass to Kendall Coyne Schofield, and I was pretty much done with him. I figure most major broadcasters will be at this point to. He’ll stay around the periphery as a part-time draft analyst or something.

ESPN already announced their crew.

Who knows they may want to "spice things up:sarcasm:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
jesus you'd think mcguire was a serial killer from all this bullshit. he's an awkward guy, but he's nice and he's knowledgeable. let it go

Meanwhile the writer is likely a nobody seeking attention, dreaming of having the relevance and legacy Pierre has.

One of the few NBC personalities who added anything to the broadcast. Was unbiased unlike the majority. Passionate. A bit odd no debate but for all the fans who applaud the rare exhibit of personality in players you might think they'd love Pierre.

Fenway posted he might be coming to NESN and MSG next, which makes those of us fans quite fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad