“Mark my words, they’ll be coming”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Everyone wants to be apart of the Stanley Cup Champions Toronto Maple Leafs. It will be the capstone of an NHL Career for many players. Winning a cup in Toronto is not like winning a Cup in Tampa Bay.

PS, New cheer vs Lightning. Thank You Stamkos!!!!! Thank You Stamkos!!!!

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
yep wonderful the signing of JT not only made us so much better now but also opened the floodgates of good players willing to sign here to be part of a special franchise and forming Maple Leaf dynasties in the future as well:D:laugh::naughty::nod:

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Legitimate chance of winning a cup in Toronto and the opportunity to be celebrated and immortalized in bronze for decades to come? You’re f***in right theyll come

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Legitimate chance of winning a cup in Toronto and the opportunity to be celebrated and immortalized in bronze for decades to come? You’re ****in right theyll come
Come home McDavid.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
The condescending way McCown says "you really think people will WANT to play in Toronto"...

Suck on that now McCown.

He really needs to stop wearing sunglasses at all times.

He looks like a douchebag.

And not a young and cool douchebag who people love when he's nearby but hate on when he's away...an old douchebag, like the type that goes to Thailand for 'vacation' twice a year as a 'tourist'.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
And this all began when Shanahan decided to come home to Toronto. Shanahan is the foundation for this great Leafs team.

Reactions: leuf

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Amazing video.

I still think it's true though... MLSE had started taking advantage of leaf fans. We were loyal to a fault. High tv ratings regardless of success. Sold out games regardless of success. This made mlse short sighted, always looking for quick fixes to try and make more money this year because when it comes to the long term, the money will always be there. And they were right.

But then leaf fans finally got as angry as they should have been years early. We became fed up of being taken advantage of. That's when the incessant booing started. Chirping at players when they were seen on the streets, as opposed to gushing over them. Waffles and jerseys being thrown on the ice.

We, as leaf fans, made it embarrassing for players/management to be a part of this organization. And it was about bloody time we started doing that. Because thats what triggered these key changes, with ownership establishing a long term plan. In Toronto, the fans money will never really go away. But loyalty WILL. And they better damn well earn it back. And lets hand it to them, they've done a damn good job at doing that since since Babcock said those words.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I hate Babs overuse of Hyman, but I think he's the best coach in hockey Very impressed with what he's done with these players. Just look at how Rielly, Marner, Gardiner, Kadri, Kappy, Nylander, Dermott, Oz, etc. have developed and improved under him.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Amazing video.

I still think it's true though... MLSE had started taking advantage of leaf fans. We were loyal to a fault. High tv ratings regardless of success. Sold out games regardless of success. This made mlse short sighted, always looking for quick fixes to try and make more money this year because when it comes to the long term, the money will always be there. And they were right.

But then leaf fans finally got as angry as they should have been years early. We became fed up of being taken advantage of. That's when the incessant booing started. Chirping at players when they were seen on the streets, as opposed to gushing over them. Waffles and jerseys being thrown on the ice.

We, as leaf fans, made it embarrassing for players/management to be a part of this organization. And it was about bloody time we started doing that. Because thats what triggered these key changes, with ownership establishing a long term plan. In Toronto, the fans money will never really go away. But loyalty WILL. And they better damn well earn it back. And lets hand it to them, they've done a damn good job at doing that since since Babcock said those words.

I called into PTS (I've done it like twice in my life) around the salute gate thing, but also after the Leafs Twitter account had started trying to be snarky and Extremely Online by chirping back at random Twitter users who were shit talking the organization. I just called in to discuss how extremely unlikable EVERYTHING about the organization was. From the ungrateful players who seemed to resent playing in Toronto, to the management who thought it would be a good idea to start getting pithy on Twitter with people who (accurately) called them shit. The Leafs were a revolting mess and they deserved every negative thing said about them and more.

That is how extreme the atmosphere had to get before management made a change. If fans didn't turn on the team as emphatically as they did we would probably be stuck with another idiot like Brian Burke trying another bullshit "quick rebuild".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad