News Article: “Krejci Injured In Bruins Win. Who Steps Up?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think Cassidy moves each center up one line- Coyle to 2C, Kuraly to 3C and inserts Lindholm as 4C at first, for a game or two. It is the least disruptive move to make. He could also switch the 3 around if there's no chemistry.

Of course the best case is for Krejci to return tonight. Maybe he could wear a flak jacket???

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
I think Cassidy moves each center up one line- Coyle to 2C, Kuraly to 3C and inserts Lindholm as 4C at first, for a game or two. It is the least disruptive move to make. He could also switch the 3 around if there's no chemistry.

Of course the best case is for Krejci to return tonight. Maybe he could wear a flak jacket???

Was he hit in the ribs?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My take on this is probably a little counter to the rest, in that there isn't much of a stretch to slot someone else in. I mean, is it very hard to replace a guy that hasn't really done much this year at all? For the record though, I assume they'd elevate Coyle up, and bring up Frederic or dress Backes in Coyle's spot at 3rd line center. Not much of a step up needed given that DK has provided very little production so far this season. I assume he's dealing with the injury still from the preseason, and now this latest one. So I'd prefer he stays out and gets healthy before coming back. A half speed DK isn't going to help anyone.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
My take on this is probably a little counter to the rest, in that there isn't much of a stretch to slot someone else in. I mean, is it very hard to replace a guy that hasn't really done much this year at all? For the record though, I assume they'd elevate Coyle up, and bring up Frederic or dress Backes in Coyle's spot at 3rd line center. Not much of a step up needed given that DK has provided very little production so far this season. I assume he's dealing with the injury still from the preseason, and now this latest one. So I'd prefer he stays out and gets healthy before coming back. A half speed DK isn't going to help anyone.

I hope they elevate Coyle and just don't stick Lindholm in there.

Reactions: LSCII

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
David Krejci Injury: Bruce Cassidy Shares Promising Update On Bruins Center

In the Bruins’ first practice since Monday’s game, Krejci on Wednesday took part in some — but not all — of practice. After the session, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy indicated that Krejci is day-to-day while “nursing an upper-body injury.” The chance remains that Krejci plays in Thursday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Here’s how the Bruins’ lines looked without Krejci.

Brad Marchand–Patrice Bergeron–David Pastrnak
Jake DeBrusk–Charlie Coyle–Brett Ritchie
Danton Heinen–David Backes/Par Lindholm–Karson Kuhlman
Joakim Nordstrom–Sean Kuraly–Chris Wagner.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

In the Bruins’ first practice since Monday’s game, Krejci on Wednesday took part in some — but not all — of practice. After the session, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy indicated that Krejci is day-to-day while “nursing an upper-body injury.” The chance remains that Krejci plays in Thursday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

It would be great if he plays tonight, but the good news is that it doesn't seem to be a long term injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and TCB

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

That's a ugly lineup, with effectively two fourth lines and a fourth liner on the second line.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If Cassidy wants to go the two offensive lines and two defensive lines route, I’m not sure why he wouldn’t slide Heinen over to the RW and put DeBrusk with 13 and 43, who have shown to be good together?

Putting Ritchie there doesn’t seem like a great idea.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If it truly is broken ribs, I certainly don't envy him. I can't imagine going through essentially an entire regular season dealing with that constant pain with no real opportunity to rest and heal up.

Reactions: Spooner st

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If Cassidy wants to go the two offensive lines and two defensive lines route, I’m not sure why he wouldn’t slide Heinen over to the RW and put DeBrusk with 13 and 43, who have shown to be good together?

Putting Ritchie there doesn’t seem like a great idea.

I think your bang on and If Krejci doesn't dress,I bet that's what we'll see by the end of the game

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If it truly is broken ribs, I certainly don't envy him. I can't imagine going through essentially an entire regular season dealing with that constant pain with no real opportunity to rest and heal up.

I’m not a 100% sure it’s broken ribs, but if you go back and watch the play, Getzlaf definitely gives him a crosscheck to the side/rib area. Could be bruised ribs or some other soft tissue injury?

After that play was definitely when Krejci started struggling.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Sucks not having Krej in the lineup.

Sucks that the third line center position most likely has to deal with a fourth liner having to man that position. Tampa Bay and toronto are the next two games right?

I've been using this word a lot to start the season, buuuuuut....concerning.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If DK is out, with the current roster, I would go:

63-37-88
74-13-43
20-52-14
26-42-42

My personal preference (with PRO players eligible) would be:

63-37-88
74-13-43
20-52-14
10/26-50-18

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
early season allows us to gamble a bit...

I want to see this as an opportunity to get a couple support guys 'hot' by spreading around our talent a little...

coyle elevates to second line with debrusk... but to help them get hot, lets give them pastrnak. I think this is 3 guys whose style suit each other

kuhlman is all character... all speed... and he is good enough defensively... but he has been a bit snake bit offensively. give him the rub with Bergeron/marchand

and not much to be done with 4th line... we know its a great 4th line... so leave it alone {just increase their icetime}

leaving the other guys to fight for their nhl careers... Heinen is probably the best of the rest and maybe the only guy guaranteed to still be playing come may. Lindholm had offense in Sweden... this could be his best chance this year to show us he has some in the NHL too. as for Ritchie/backes… these are the 2 guys who HAVE TO BE PHYSICAL to still contribute. Split the time between them but if they dont EARN their nhl paycheck in the next couple weeks then we can waive 1 of them to Providence and use the roster space with a warm body like Bjork for starters {with steen. senyshyn, cehlarik all potential callups this regular season too me thinks}

when krejci comes back I would hope the 2 top lines are on fire... and krejci could try to get a 3rd line established with Bjork/Heinen as his wingers.

would love to see
marchand/Bergeron powering a first line
pastrnak powering a second line
krejci powering a 3rd line

Last edited:

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Even with DK, one can’t be all that comfortable with our situation AGAIN being essentially a one line team. They’ll be gunnin for Pasta all season, just like tonight. At some point, someone will probably take him out. That’s the way this league is now. No enforcers; open season for cheap shot artists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad