Sportsnet: “Increased urgency” to sign NHL’s remaining free agents

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Always been a fan of his.
I am happy with Tierney's contract but if the Sens were going to move him, I really wanted Soderberg as his replacement. Very different players but they can fill a similar role. I'd certainly rather him over Galchenyuk!

He seems to me like someone who is particular about where he plays, though. Not sure if Ottawa would be his place, and Dorion has said he doesnt foresee adding any NHL bodies at this point.

He can play just about anywhere. Big, smart, physical, and can feature on special teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would love Soderberg in Detroit, He'd be the perfect fit for us.

I dont know Detroit well at all, so not saying the city is or isnt a good fit, but he's signed in Colorado and Arizona when given the chance. Total extrapolation but I feel like he prioritizes a city with natural beauty and activities nearby.

Teamwise, I agree - he'd be a great fit for any rebuilder.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Man if the Islex sign Mike Hoffman as well look out.
I think they want to but I don’t see it happening.

they have 10m and will be signing Barzal, Martin and Greene. That’s 10 right there. Hoffman would have to take 5 and do it the day Ladd goes on IR.

That’s risky for him. His pp on the half wall would be ideal but I just don’t see it happening. It’s a great fit no doubt

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think they want to but I don’t see it happening.

they have 10m and will be signing Barzal, Martin and Greene. That’s 10 right there. Hoffman would have to take 5 and do it the day Ladd goes on IR.

That’s risky for him. His pp on the half wall would be ideal but I just don’t see it happening. It’s a great fit no doubt

Depends on if they bridge Barzal or go longterm no ?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Torn cuz Haula or Granlund would be a nice add for the Sens but it would take away another roster spot.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I dont know Detroit well at all, so not saying the city is or isnt a good fit, but he's signed in Colorado and Arizona when given the chance. Total extrapolation but I feel like he prioritizes a city with natural beauty and activities nearby.

Teamwise, I agree - he'd be a great fit for any rebuilder.

Carl didn't sign with Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->