Friedman: “I wouldn’t be surprised if [Evander]Kane was a guy on [Pens] radar.”

Feb 24, 2017
Is this seriously a defense for why it wouldn't be dumb as hell to trade Sprong for Kane? Seriously?

Are people forgetting who Sprong is? We're not talking about a prospect that's 4 years away from being NHL ready. If he's not traded, he's going to be in the NHL this year. Trading him for a rental is absolutely asinine. Not only because trading a NHL ready prospect with top-6 potential for a rental is absolutely insane, but also because adding Kane doesn't guarantee the Penguins a cup and the Penguins aren't desperate enough for a cup to do that kind of move.

This isn't about "prospect cups" or "cap space", it's about trading a high potential, NHL ready player with control for a rental being ****ing stupid.
You are very vigilant, friend. They sent the right warrior to defend the honour.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I could definitely see Kane thriving on the Pens' 3rd line, but I don't see what Pittsburgh could offer that's better for Buffalo than what other rumored suitors for him could.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
They may win a third Stanley Cup in three years with an addition like Kane, but where would this leave them in the cap space and prospect cups? Cmon man. Think!
Cup window is all that matters. Disregard the 2016 and 2017 cups...if they legitimately think they are cup contenders this year they should trade prospects for current roster players.

If you never trade assets for immediate help to win when your Cup window is open, you're doing it wrong. If you think about the future when your Cup window is open, you're doing it wrong.

Despite what this forum thinks, the team with the best prospects and NHL rookies/sophomores isn't the best team - the team that wins the Stanley Cup is.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Cup window is all that matters. Disregard the 2016 and 2017 cups...if they legitimately think they are cup contenders this year they should trade prospects for current roster players.

If you never trade assets for immediate help to win when your Cup window is open, you're doing it wrong. If you think about the future when your Cup window is open, you're doing it wrong.

Despite what this forum thinks, the team with the best prospects and NHL rookies/sophomores isn't the best team - the team that wins the Stanley Cup is.

It’s a balance though. If you don’t have some young guys and rookies you probably have big restrictions cap wise. If things aren’t working out it’s much harder to make the right moves. If you have a few young guys that play it opens things up more.

If Pittsburgh had traded Sheary, Rust and Guentzel we’d have been in trouble and likely not back to back cup winners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->