Friedman: “I think contenders will consider Chris Kunitz” - teams also interested in John Hayden

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah he was really bad with Tampa. I don't know why anyone would give the guy a look right now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah he was really bad with Tampa. I don't know why anyone would give the guy a look right now.

He was fine during the regular season he disappeared in the playoffs. The one main reason they got him for, Playoffs. Did not show up.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He mentions Calgary. Who are you even sitting for him? Does nothing for the team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kunitz has been playing a little better lately, but take that with a grain of salt as he probably just looks good compared to the other crap depth players in Chicago.

Other teams can literally have Kunitz, maybe a late round pick for Hayden.

Reactions: SoCalFan

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He does literally nothing out there. Used to in a PITA the play with, scrap in the dirty areas, lay hits and score goals.

Now it's nothing but fly bys and dumping the puck at the blue line

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Cup rings aren't some sort of magic rings that make you a better hockey player when needed.

Kunitz is useless. He was still able to do some positive things for the Pens but that was it.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd take pretty much any kind of pick for either Kunitz or Hayden
I really liked Hayden too like 2 years back, thought he could be the perfect bottom 6er
What’s up with him? Just not NHL caliber or do you think he has a future with a change of scenery

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I really liked Hayden too like 2 years back, thought he could be the perfect bottom 6er
What’s up with him? Just not NHL caliber or do you think he has a future with a change of scenery
I think most Hawks fans thought the same of Hayden. I did even last season. He just hasn't performed this year when this really should've been his season to break out. Admittedly he's not getting a lot of playing time here but he also hasn't warranted it. He's young enough where a change of scenery could certainly help.

Reactions: SoCalFan

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

His skating isn't great. Always seems off balance and loses edges. Does simple things well and protects the puck and tries to drive to the net. Just no playmaking ability, vision, or finish. Pair that with his poor skating and balance, he doesn't really provide much upside out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad