“I mean what’s a rebuild? Ottawa is in a rebuild. They sold all their players and everything.” - Zad

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I mean, to be fair, Chabot and Tkachuk are much, much better players than "Zads" will ever be. Chabot is already a star.

Weird comment from a depth player tbh.

I don't think he's talking about himself He's talking about players like MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Who both are way better than Tkachuk will ever be.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
You could make the same comparison to Stone, EK. Ottawa tried to keep them and they said no. Ottawa was smart to trade them and recoup assets while COL got nothing.
The Avs were leading their division at the trade deadline the year Stastny was a UFA. Not many teams would trade him then.

The Avs didn’t exactly tank after trading Duchene either, like you mentioned. The opposite kind of happened.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Taking shots at the Sens is just like taking shots at the Oilers: boring, unoriginal, favourite pastime of HF (and "Zads" apparently)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Uhh Chabot >>>>>> Zadorov.

I’d say he’s a star. I’d say Brady Tkachuk has a good shot to become one.

It’s easy to trash on Ottawa and as long as Melnyk is their owner, I don’t see them becoming good again, but they definitely have some good pieces and they draft well.

What sucks is that they will likely trade those players when they are due $$$

There are a lot of dmen better than Zadorov.

I haven't even seen Brannstrom play a game yet and I would easily take him over Zadorov.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know it's bad when other players aren't even trying to hide it anymore they are openly taking shots at you

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know it's bad when other players aren't even trying to hide it anymore they are openly taking shots at you

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
These kinds of sell of everything rebuilds never work. You need to sell off some and keep some.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Holy cow, I couldn't care less what this guy has to say lol. Why does he care. Go play for whatever team you play for champ.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This is a good thing. The Senators need to be humiliated in public. Repeatedly. It's the only thing that might be able to trigger some change from Melnyk.

Reactions: MacBradley

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm a Sens fan and I see nothing wrong with this quote.
Yah people are sensitive to these type of things. When the Avs went through their 48 point season everyone fans/players/GMs alike had every right to bash the Avs. They were correct to. People have been bashing the Oilers for a decade and still are after failing to build properly around McDavid...and they have a right to imo. Facts dont care about feelings seems to apply to Zads quote. They dont have a bonafide star right now but Chabot will be one as soon as next season if hes not already. Brady has a chance to be one and they have alot of good things coming. I hope for Sens fans sake that Eugene leaves and things get better for you guys in the future.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Colorado did the same thing. Tanked got some high picks. Moved on from Stastny/Duchene/O'reilly
Incorrect. Paul left as a FA and the Avs tried to keep him. ROR was in a bitter contract dispute and forced a trade. Duchene wanted to leave to make the playoffs. The Avs didnt tank for high picks they legit sucked and were ill prepared for the cap era not to mention their drafting was dreadful.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This thread is so dumb, especially when you read his full quote.. which completely changes the context.

Why is this on the main board again?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
He's probably just mad that the deposit on his "Welcome to Colorado Jack Hughes" billboard was non-refundable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad