Friedman: “Eriksson and Vancouver both want to figure out a trade.”

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
This sounds more like Canucks fans whishfull thinking than possibly happening...

Besides, if the Nucks burry him in minors for the last 3 years, it will probably make UFAs hesitant to sign in Vancouver... I don't know if they can really afford to take that hit.
I doubt it affects any future UFAs. Anyone in the loop knows Loui is far from earning his paycheck, they see his lackluster effort and no accountablity, or media availablity. No one will say anything public but there would have to be some resentment towards him within the locker room, I know I would if I was there.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I doubt it affects any future UFAs. Anyone in the loop knows Loui is far from earning his paycheck, they see his lackluster effort and no accountablity, or media availablity. No one will say anything public but there would have to be some resentment towards him within the locker room, I know I would if I was there.
If anything it affects the good players positively by showing the team is serious about winning and will do whatever it take to get rid of guys who are hurting the team. The only guys it'll negatively effect are the selfish ones who just want to collect a paycheck and have zero interest in putting in an honest effort. Play like an AHLer, go to the AHL isn't exactly a bad message.

Reactions: RIP Botchford

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Ryan is by far the best player in that deal. All those contracts are crap, but why is Ottawa looking for "vets"?
Ottowa is looking for prepaid front loaded contracts with high AAV.

(As has been stated they are over the cap floor so it might not matter too much to them now, but that has been their driving motivation.)

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Ottowa is looking for prepaid front loaded contracts with high AAV.

(As has been stated they are over the cap floor so it might not matter too much to them now, but that has been their driving motivation.)
Makes sense if Vancouver pays the signing bonuses this year, but then I doubt Vancouver does it. Owners aren't paying that much money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->