Friedman: “Eriksson and Vancouver both want to figure out a trade.”

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I mean, I was personally thinking that they should send him to Utica anyway to see if it makes him walk. Or ask him to submit a no trade list and then send him to whichever AHL team is closest to one of the teams on his list. Or at least threaten to do that. Might make him try to earn his wage a bit if there’s no takers.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Eriksson for Lucic is going to happen. It’s not much different from what Kessel to Arizona was before it actually happened.

We got Ferland, now on top of every other negative we had prior to Ferland....his "edge" and physicality hold no sway for us.

Lucic at 50%, Russel or another single year cap dump, a first and two seconds for Eriksson.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Eriksson for Lucic is going to happen. It’s not much different from what Kessel to Arizona was before it actually happened.

It may have once upon a time (i.e. a few months ago), but not now.

The Canucks sole purpose for moving Eriksson is to clear cap, so that they can start building a long term savings strategy to re-up the following players:

-Boeser
-Markstrom
-Pettersson
-Hughes
-10.5M on a top pairing defense (either re-upping Edler and Tanev when their contracts run out, or finding their defensive equivalents).

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Not as bad as other deals in the money owing department.

Due $9 million over the next 3 years. I should be interesting if they decide on picks heading out the door
or prospects to get somebody to take him.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
It’s not going to be one for one but it’s going to happen. Remember when Lucic talked about how much he would love to play for Vancouver? That doesn’t just happen by accident or coincidence.

Just becuase Lucic told a Vancouver radio station that he would like to play in Vancouver doesn't mean it's going to happen. The Canucks would be better served sending Eriksson to the minors than taking on Lucic's worse contract. Guaranteed the Canucks are trying to send Eriksson to budget team that views Eriksson's "favourable" cap hit to salary ratio and he's dragging his feet because he doesn't want to waive for a non-playoff team.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad