News Article: “Bruins Have A Logjam on Defense”

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't know...but with Krug, a team would make it happen.

For 2 years now The bruins have proven their D depth is exceptional. Losing Krug to improve an area of weakness makes to much sense.

Only team that may do this is Detroit because Krug
is a Detroit kid, but they aren't giving up Mantha
for a maybe Krug.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Don’t know for sure- but it looked it from his body language as he skated off.

False alarm - my mistake

He definitely looked like he had re-injured it at first. I didn’t stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I’m guessing he “tweaked” it, panicked because of the surgery, and then settled down after the doc checked him out out?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anyone else starting to get the feeling that miller isn't coming back? save the quips about
him being injury prone...but it does have that feel to it at this point.

Reactions: Estlin and Blowfish

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
anyone else starting to get the feeling that miller isn't coming back? save the quips about

You know, in this day and age we take for granted anything can be fixed. It wasn’t too long ago that any injury meant being cut wide open to repair...now so much is done through arthroscopic or another non-invasive surgery and guys are back playing in 6 weeks.

I think it gives us a false expectation. The body can only take so much, and these guys take a beating. Maybe he needs more time, or maybe he got hit with bad luck and there’s nothing left.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Weird injury.

I expected what’s currently happening to happen after first setback.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kevan was a solid player too that we could use BUT I want no part of him with reduced mobility.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
bumping this because I keep seeing people argue that we shouldn't trade Grizz this thread felt like a fit for the discussion.

To those people I ask: What do you do with Krug then? Do you let him walk? Do you keep both and then pay Seattle not to draft Grizz?

And if you keep both then what happens to Vaak, Lauzon & Zboril (who are all 3 NHL-ready players already IMO).

I ask cause I see the Bruins dealing with the same missing RW problem they've been dealing with for ~5 years now while having a surplus in young LHD and I still keep seeing people argue that we shouldn't trade several of those LHD

member 96824

bumping this because I keep seeing people argue that we shouldn't trade Grizz this thread felt like a fit for the discussion.

To those people I ask: What do you do with Krug then? Do you let him walk? Do you keep both and then pay Seattle not to draft Grizz?

And if you keep both then what happens to Vaak, Lauzon & Zboril (who are all 3 NHL-ready players already IMO).

I ask cause I see the Bruins dealing with the same missing RW problem they've been dealing with for ~5 years now while having a surplus in young LHD and I still keep seeing people argue that we shouldn't trade several of those LHD

Keep Gryz and let Torey walk at the end of the year. Sort of assume Chara retires at the end of the year as well, so it would mean there’s a possibility that Gryz is your only LHD with meaningful minutes played on opening night 2020.

No issue trading any of the 3 AHLers to make it happen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd rather trade any of the D currently in Providence before Grizz. Not because any of them might not end up better than him but because no one knows. And given the possible unknowns on the left side, I would be very surprised if they move any of them during the season. Maybe one, but if Krug does leave, and he might because he might get an offer that he can't refuse elsewhere, and if Chara decides to hang it up, @BrainOfJ is completely right- that would leave Grizz your only sure-fire NHL LD. Then you might be glad to have Vaak and Lauzon, or Zboril ready to step in.

Reactions: BMC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Personally, I don't see where this log jam is.:huh: The article acts like we have so many NHL defensemen that we don't have room for them all. Maybe the article made more sense when it was written? Seems kind of silly.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sounding like Krug could be signing soon, so that could start the ball rolling if they want to move someone. Maybe Moore or Grizz. Rather keep Grizz but next year one of Lauzon, Vaak or Zboril should grab a spot. I think Miller is done, like to see the kids get some games in here and there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad