‘Too Much Fortnite’

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
You should see how much Laine plays, his profile name is public if you wanna find it and look it up on a stat tracking site.
Heavy video-game use can cause carpal tunnel and tendonitis. It is actually quite common among heavy gamers. I'm not saying that Laine has that, but with heavy gamers, there is a real possibility that it can drastically detriment one's shot and puck-handling. Pre-carpal tunnel develops slowly until it culminates over time. It especially happens to intense gamers.

I love Laine, I think that he is a generational goal-scorer or has the potential to be, & this isn't a troll response, but I'm actually dealing with carpal tunnel right now. I played video games intensely almost everyday for 2-3 hours and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel yesterday. It's extremely frustrating because I wanted to start playing hockey again so badly while I was in my prime and my foot finally healed. I can't use my hands without a brace.

Again, I'm not saying that Laine has it, but if he's a very frequent gamer- there's a significant chance that potential damage is 'building up'. Tendonitis/carpal tunnel develops slowly and deteriorates the tendons very gradually over a period of time. If Laine is as much of a gamer as I can imagine, I wouldn't be surprised if he had future hand/arm problems. (prophetic post in 2020)

Luckily, the condition is highly curable and if it happens to Laine he should be back to speed within 4-6 weeks. It's what I immediately thought, I'm not sure if someone has brought it up, but I think it is a real thing to think about if he is a very frequent gamer.

Feb 24, 2017
I have nothing against a few drinks with friends sometimes, rather enjoy it actually. But claiming 12 beers and a blackout to be healthier than video games.. lol wut?
Who blacks out after 12 beers? Certainly not anyone who has played hockey long enough to be an nhler.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Heavy video-game use can cause carpal tunnel and tendonitis. It is actually quite common among heavy gamers. I'm not saying that Laine has that, but with heavy gamers, there is a real possibility that it can drastically detriment one's shot and puck-handling. Pre-carpal tunnel develops slowly until it culminates over time. It especially happens to intense gamers.

I love Laine, I think that he is a generational goal-scorer or has the potential to be, & this isn't a troll response, but I'm actually dealing with carpal tunnel right now. I played video games intensely almost everyday for 2-3 hours and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel yesterday. It's extremely frustrating because I wanted to start playing hockey again so badly while I was in my prime and my foot finally healed. I can't use my hands without a brace.

Again, I'm not saying that Laine has it, but if he's a very frequent gamer- there's a significant chance that potential damage is 'building up'. Tendonitis/carpal tunnel develops slowly and deteriorates the tendons very gradually over a period of time. If Laine is as much of a gamer as I can imagine, I wouldn't be surprised if he had future hand/arm problems. (prophetic post in 2020)

Luckily, the condition is highly curable and if it happens to Laine he should be back to speed within 4-6 weeks. It's what I immediately thought, I'm not sure if someone has brought it up, but I think it is a real thing to think about if he is a very frequent gamer.

Gotta sit properly in your chair and use your mouse the correct manner, with your elbow and shoulder, not your wrist. 37 years old, been gaming since I was 4 and have never had an issue.

I used to be a card dealer as well, same thing use your fingers to deal, not your wrist and you'll never have an issue, posture is everything.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Laine should've been in YouTube Rewind, he could've played Will Smith.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

I don't think that issue is as common as you seem to think it is. I'd say the odds of benefiting from playing games outweighs the odds of suffering an injury. I don't think it's a realistic thing to think about... at all.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
These kids earn loads of bucks playing hockey while some other kids do the same playing these damn video games. Yet, the latter class of pro athletes doesn’t relax by playing hockey, not with the same devotion and prevalence at least with which hockey players play video games. What should we think of this? Maybe nothing. Only that if I was a serious athlete which I am, of body and mind, I wouldn’t weaken my focus and capacity by turning to an addict of any kind, least of video games - or discussion boards.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Drank a dozen Heineken's last night.

shoving snow all day today was crap....wouldn't want to be a professional hockey player trying to practice (or play) after a dozen beers.

but to suggest you are black out drunk after a dozen beers....is weak.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm not sure what this conversation has stemmed from, but I can confirm. 12 IPA's later, you'll wake up the next morning with severe regret and memory loss.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
12 beers of a strong IPA or stout with 7-8 percent abv is equivalent to over 24 of the mass produced swill.

Dont care if "theyre hockey players" that amount of alcohol will knock you on your butt.
What beer are you getting thats 3.5-4%?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad