‘Too Much Fortnite’

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just still cant wrap my head around professional athletes preferring to stay in their hotel rooms on road trips and playing video games. Completely absurd and embarrassing.
[mod] In what way is this 'embarrassing'? Some people like to go out, some people like to stay in. Athletes are still people, they're not some other breed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I just still cant wrap my head around professional athletes preferring to stay in their hotel rooms on road trips and playing video games. Completely absurd and embarrassing.

It's almost like there are two different types of personalities, introverts and extroverts. What a bizarre concept.

Nevermind the fact that players during the hockey season are always busy and moving around. Flying to different cities on road trips, going to charity events, going to team meetings, going out for meals with team mates, going to practices and games, etc. Even the players that play video games on road trips probably still get out more than 90% of us with office jobs.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
Children play a loud, bright, colorful version of speed chess that requires both twitch reflexes, micro tactics and macro strategy and the big brain adults in the room can only imagine how this damages them. We are training as many young minds as possible to quickly understand original rule sets and objectives and figure out how to identify and exploit advantages. Traditionally, that upbringing was reserved for people in private school.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
That chant was absolutely classless, IMO. The same can be said for the chants heard in Nashville.

I have nothing against a little razzing towards an opposing team, but a certain degree of respect should be maintained.

Respect for who? Because if it’s the accuser, agreed- she’s a real person with a serious allegation, not a source of chirping an opponent.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018

..seriously? We really just gonna shit on introverts/homebodies like that? Why? What’s wrong with someone doing what makes ‘em happy?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
I am with you in a way, I’m in the Navy, and you’ll see on deployment people hit port after we’ve been at sea for months on end and all they do is go to the bar and get smashed. Now am I saying I do not go out and drink during those times, hell yes I do, you need to take time to relax. But so many people that’s all they do and don’t go see any sites or cultural aspects of where we happened to hit land then when they get home they just have drunken memories. Go see some temples, absorb some cultural sites, talk to locals. While it’s different than just sitting around playing a video game It exists in the same breath of shaking your head at it.

There are 31 cities, not all of em fascinate all the time, and people can do what they want. I’m sure you could be doing something more rewarding than posting on hf, yet here you are. Meanwhile I’m in Thailand.. posting on hf lol. Don’t worry, plenty of temples and culture too, but f*** if I don’t have the god given right to laze about should I like.

Reactions: varsaku

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
You don't think staring at a bright, stimulating screen for 24 hours straight, combined with a lack of sleep, fries your brain? There are remedies for a hangover. The only way to recover from a video game overdose is sleep.

I'll take the hungover player any day.

What a weird take- very few people actually play video games 24 hours straight. Addiction can happen and can have health consequences, but it’s not as common as alcoholism, which you’re advocating.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Anyways, on the original topic-

Worst chant I’ve heard is “let’s go Sabres!” f*** you fellow fans, it’s “let’s go buffalo!” Just embarrassing, really.

Oh, and that Porsche thing is classless. Same with the sloppy seconds. I’m all for a good chirp, but mocking a dead dude or treating a woman as a used object.. not in my snowflake pc world.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
What a weird take- very few people actually play video games 24 hours straight. Addiction can happen and can have health consequences, but it’s not as common as alcoholism, which you’re advocating.

Beers with the fellas is good for the soul. There is no type of bonding known in the universe quite like drunk bonding

Reactions: Bobby Terrance

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Beers with the fellas is good for the soul. There is no type of bonding known in the universe quite like drunk bonding

I have nothing against a few drinks with friends sometimes, rather enjoy it actually. But claiming 12 beers and a blackout to be healthier than video games.. lol wut?

Reactions: Jets4Life

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Seems like the video game ban is working since they are in a playoff spot right now and weren't close last year.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
That chant was absolutely classless, IMO. The same can be said for the chants heard in Nashville.

I have nothing against a little razzing towards an opposing team, but a certain degree of respect should be maintained.
'Fleury, Fleury, Fleury, you suck, it's all your fault, it's all your fault etc.'' is lacking a degree of respect? How can you even compare these 2? And if you want this chant gone, what would you replace it with? There is no creativity left if you limit all the possible ways to chant which include ridiculing the opposition, you would end up with Go shortened version of the team name!
Go Preds Go! Go Ducks Go! Go Jets Go! ...

Imagine being so easily triggered that saying you suck and it's all your fault is the same as literally shouting at a innocent man (at the time under investigation, right?) that he's a rapist..

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Video game overdose...? Really? also, who is playing video games for 24 hours straight? lol

You'd be surprised.

There have been a dozen people who have died because of "video game overdose". People have died of heart attacks, embolisms, blot clots, and dehydration from playing video games anywhere from 23 hours to 22 days straight ( 15 People Who Have Died Playing Video Games ).

It's hard to believe at first, but it really does happen.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
searched thread for "uncle" and came up with nothing...no one liked the "uncle daddy" chants that were directed at Brodeur back in the day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad