‘Too Much Fortnite’

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Would it be against the rules to have a little station to play Fortnite in the visitor penalty box? Have some of the kids commit penalties on purpose to play a bit more

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
A lot of people use the drinking argument but as far as vices go the thing about drinking is that it has a self-moderating mechanism where your body gets punished when you go to far. Video games don't have a "braking effect" kicking in to slow, and eventually shut you down, like that 12th beer does.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
A lot of people use the drinking argument but as far as vices go the thing about drinking is that it has a self-moderating mechanism where your body gets punished when you go to far. Video games don't have a "braking effect" kicking in to slow, and eventually shut you down, like that 12th beer does.

So your argument is that alcohol is less detrimental to performance than Forntite because alcohol shuts your body down after roughly 12 beers?

I think a player who literally played Fortnite for 24 hours straight is still a much more effective player than one who blacked out 24 hours ago from 12 beers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I just still cant wrap my head around professional athletes preferring to stay in their hotel rooms on road trips and playing video games. Completely absurd and embarrassing.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
David Price and Nathan Eovaldi were up playing a few hours of Fortnite daily during the World Series, and they were arguably the 2 best pitchers in that series.

So clearly, if you want to win, play Fortnite

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
"Jordan's better" when Eric Staal played.
"Mario's Pool Boy"
"Silver Medal"

those are the 3 best IMO. I was at those games as well. The chants were usually started by some guys in the section beside mine

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I just still cant wrap my head around professional athletes preferring to stay in their hotel rooms on road trips and playing video games. Completely absurd and embarrassing.
Have you ever traveled for work before? I presume that you are older, like me. I don't play fortnite, or really any video game anymore. That said, I can certainly appreciate staying in on the road :)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Atleast the owners of teams are probably happy players are staying in their hotels playing video games all day in big cities across North America and not have the fear of them getting in trouble out and about enjoying living the life of a pro athlete!!lol

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Clearly fortnite is affecting Ehlers and Laine's ability to score at even strength

2 goals at even strength between the two of them, and both were Ehler's

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Well, no one ever accused the NHL of being ahead of the times..... hell they're not even UP with the times, let along being ahead.
God is that ever true.

Still such an 'old boys' club.... And they wonder why they have trouble growing the game

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Disgusted-Face.jpg

Could be worse.

I still play Team Fortress 2

Reactions: Vilbers

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I am with you in a way, I’m in the Navy, and you’ll see on deployment people hit port after we’ve been at sea for months on end and all they do is go to the bar and get smashed. Now am I saying I do not go out and drink during those times, hell yes I do, you need to take time to relax. But so many people that’s all they do and don’t go see any sites or cultural aspects of where we happened to hit land then when they get home they just have drunken memories. Go see some temples, absorb some cultural sites, talk to locals. While it’s different than just sitting around playing a video game It exists in the same breath of shaking your head at it.

Reactions: breuk

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I am with you in a way, I’m in the Navy, and you’ll see on deployment people hit port after we’ve been at sea for months on end and all they do is go to the bar and get smashed. Now am I saying I do not go out and drink during those times, hell yes I do, you need to take time to relax. But so many people that’s all they do and don’t go see any sites or cultural aspects of where we happened to hit land then when they get home they just have drunken memories. Go see some temples, absorb some cultural sites, talk to locals. While it’s different than just sitting around playing a video game It exists in the same breath of shaking your head at it.

People. Are. Different.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Those Winnipeg fans are great. It's quite the atmosphere and when that building is rocking, it just sounds crazy. And that's on TV. I can't imagine it live.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Seems to be paying off for the Nucks so far. EP's been hitting up the clubs with the boys, getting the testosterone flowing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad