News Article: ‘The wrong colour blue’: Buffalo Sabres eyeing ticket restrictions to deter visiting Leafs fans

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I like to drive, usually home by 10:30-10:45.
Yesterday was brutal after the Jays game though, never should have driven.

Not sure you want to stay over in Detroit though. Columbus has a bunch of bars and hotels a few minute walk from the rink.
We are disappointed we can't go back this year. It's become a tradition.

I went to a concert in Detroit this year. We stayed 2 mins away from Joe Lewis's fist, walked everywhere, it was very normal. Beer there sucks ass, though.

Also did the Pittsburgh drive and its pretty good there, also many travelling Leafs fans. Also pretty normal downtown, we did some good bar hopping down there. Theres a brewery there that was converted from a church and they serve a 100 different variations of pirogies. Wierd thing about PA is they don't sell beer in stores, you have to either drive to a bigger store that we didnt have downtown, or buy from a restaurant.

This year I'm going to Chikaka for a game, so I'll see how that is.

Reactions: ACC1224

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
It's almost as if 2nd market does not exist lol. If Torontonians want to head on up to the picturesque Buffalo to watch a game they'll simply buy off a scalper or stubhub.

This is just a sad attempt to cover for the fact that their own fans aren't filling their buildings...same with Ottawa.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
It won't really matter. The same number of Leafs fans will be in the Arena, its just do the buy the small number of tix available from the Sabres box office or on the Secondary market.

I don't like when teams do this. Whoever wants to go to your game, go ahead and let them. But again, I really don't think its going to make anything different either way.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Got it. It does seem that those who don’t attend seem to have the strongest opinions on the atmosphere.
It's not that I wouldn't, just can't justify the cost. I was there for the Raptors wins you could feel the energy. Crowds boost the atmosphere which comes down to the players. There's accutally research to this. The fans help the Raptors reach the next step. If you don't believe it you're probably in their telling people to be quite you're trying to watch.

Really worked for Florida didn’t it…. Not…

That's why it should be done at home... you're proving the exact point.

In this case it worked for the Home team. Fans impact the game directly.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's not that I wouldn't, just can't justify the cost. I was there for the Raptors wins you could feel the energy. Crowds boost the atmosphere which comes down to the players. There's accutally research to this. The fans help the Raptors reach the next step. If you don't believe it you're probably in their telling people to be quite you're trying to watch.

That's why it should be done at home... you're proving the exact point.

In this case it worked for the Home team. Fans impact the game directly.
It’s definitely not quiet during the playoffs and it’s no quieter than any other arena I’ve been to.
Been to many games in Montreal where the crowds were much quieter than Toronto.

Basketball plays music non stop. I don’t think we want that in hockey.

I’ve never told anyone to be quiet, I have told people to sit down when they’re in the way.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Why do teams try to do this? it NEVER works
When teams loudly announce this, read it as this:

"WAAH! We don't have enough fans coming to our home games to drown out the opposing team's fans, so we need to stop them from getting into the building!"

Because ultimately, trying to stop the other team's fans from buying tickets is a simple acknowledgement that your team isn't as popular.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
They didn't care about all the wrongly coloured sweaters in the stands when their team was in the gutter.

The royalties transferred between teams helped those losers profit for years. Leafs fans have supported the Sabres as much as the city of Buffalo itself. Now their team is looking like it's gonna do something good and they don't want us there anymore?

Talk about ungrateful.

Biting the hand that feeds them. I hope Buffalo sucks this year. Nobody goes to their games.

They end up begging for Leafs fans to come back and watch their shitty hockey team get their asses handed to them by our stars.

Up yours Buffalo.

Your hockey team stinks worse than a diaper disposal.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sounds like they want Buffalo fans to buy tickets and sell them to Leafs fans if they so desire.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Go for it, Buffalo. Ask Ottawa and a few other teams how their ticket BS worked out.

Pegula will change his stance on this sooner than later.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
The royalties transferred between teams helped those losers profit for years. Leafs fans have supported the Sabres as much as the city of Buffalo itself. Now their team is looking like it's gonna do something good and they don't want us there anymore?
Call me when they ACTUALLY do something, rather than claim they're going to do something...

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Well, I did mean it as "Call me when they actually post a winning season rather than hyping themselves up for this season before it's started like they've made the playoffs for the last 6 years", but I realized it could also work for the whole ticket situation.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Well, I did mean it as "Call me when they actually post a winning season rather than hyping themselves up for this season before it's started like they've made the playoffs for the last 6 years", but I realized it could also work for the whole ticket situation.

Oh l knew what you meant. Buffalo's been poised to break out for what, the last 15 years now?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Oh l knew what you meant. Buffalo's been poised to break out for what, the last 15 years now?
Remember when Toronto was down there and all the pundits said the Leafs would be forced to chase Buffalo, as the Sabres were further along win their rebuild?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Remember when Toronto was down there and all the pundits said the Leafs would be forced to chase Buffalo, as the Sabres were further along win their rebuild?

Among other things. Buffalo has had the longest rebuild l've ever seen.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Leafs fans calling Buffalo management right before they buy all the tickets being sold by Sabres season ticket holder

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Buffalo has to negotiate those Dahlin and Power contracts with the Jake Sanderson precedent, those Leaf fan dollars might just be relevant once again…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad