TV: ‘Northern Exposure’ Revival in the works at CBS

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
The revival trend has been getting a bit too much, but this one I could tolerate, a very underrated show:

A long-talked-about revival of CBS’ cult fave drama series Northern Exposure is moving forward. The project has been put in development at CBS with original series star Rob Morrow set to reprise his role and executive produce. It hails from original series co-creators Josh Brand and John Falsey, actor John Corbett, Morrow, Ben Silverman and Universal TV.

Written by Brand, the revival centers on Dr. Joel Fleischman, played by Morrow, who returns to Cicely, Alaska, for the funeral of an old friend and finds a new set of quirky characters and reunites with old ones in this continuation of the classic series.

‘Northern Exposure’ Revival Starring Rob Morrow In Works At CBS From Original Series Creators, Cast

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

rbochan

ebd89d8c-f179-49a7-af6f-b63cc70732f7-large36x25_DaveTheCook5.JPG

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Literally every show on CBS Mondays in the 90s is being revived. What’s next, Major Dad? Can’t do Evening Shade now that Burt’s dead....

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I loved Northern Exposure. I was too young to catch much of it in its initial run, but when I was in high school I recorded every episode on VHS on another channel after it was all finished. I remember it being just a really good show. I don't know how much they could do on a reboot now. Maybe a season or miniseries? It's not a terrible idea, and a show more ripe for a short return than some. Some of those characters were just really good and the tone was just right.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There was a British show from the 2000s called Doc Martin which was basically the same premise set in a small seaside town. It was better in some ways, annoyingly British-TV in others. Either way, the premise felt exhausted.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
f*** yea! It likely won't be anywhere near as good but what a great show, the soundtrack, writing, loved everything about that show.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I would be more impressed if they invested in the old show and released it in some format with the original music.

But, I'll check this out if the bits get released.

Reactions: montreal

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Part of me just doesn't want them to screw with this, part of me wants to go back and see what's up with everyone. I don't know. I'm torn. I like the fact it's not like a straight up reboot, though. More a continuation.

Reactions: montreal

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Literally every show on CBS Mondays in the 90s is being revived. What’s next, Major Dad? Can’t do Evening Shade now that Burt’s dead....

chuckle.. yeah Gerald McRaney is probably in his mid 70s by now. Could be Major (great-grand)Dad.
Or maybe a geriatric Simon & Simon series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad